U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2009, 09:26 PM

929 posts, read 2,442,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacieberry View Post
Hey Rainbow did you get your yard work done?
Yeah, and changed the oil in the truck, rode the trike for a while, played basketball with my boy child, and enjoyed the weather.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2009, 09:30 PM

1,269 posts, read 2,181,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Island View Post
Yeah, and changed the oil in the truck, rode the trike for a while, played basketball with my boy child, and enjoyed the weather.
Sounds like you had a full day! At least you got out and done something!

Old 03-21-2009, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Sounds like you had a full day! At least you got out and done something!
Yeah, sounds like you did 2.

Old 03-21-2009, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Yeah, sounds like you did 2.
Not really! Just doing a bunch of nothing! Visited with brandon's mom and cousin! Drove out to the lake and got the kids ice cream! Watching Lydia dance was the funniest thing of all!!!

Old 03-21-2009, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Not really! Just doing a bunch of nothing! Visited with brandon's mom and cousin! Drove out to the lake and got the kids ice cream! Watching Lydia dance was the funniest thing of all!!!
Did you go to the dam area? I ran my truck off in the lake at the dam boat ramp one night. Thought I was going down the road. Uncle Bud again.

Old 03-21-2009, 10:37 PM

159 posts, read 513,203 times
Well peoples I rested up after my granddaughter came to visit.. and found you a funny.. hope you like.
You Might be a Cajun If....
...you start an angel food cake with a roux.

...watching the "wild kingdom" inspires you to write a cookbook.

...you think the head of the united nations is boudreaux/ boudreax-guillory.

...you think a lobster is a crawfish on steroids.

...you think ground hog day and boucherie day are the same holiday.

...you take a bite of 5-alarm Texas chili and reach for the Tabasco.

...fred's lounge in mamou means more to you than the grand ole opry.

...you pass up a trip abroad to go to the crawfish festival in breaux bridge.

...your children's favorite bedtime story begins "first you make a roux..."

...your description of a gourmet dinner includes the words "deep fat fried."

...your mama announces each morning, "well, I've got the rice cooking-what will we have for dinner?"

...you greet your long lost friend at the Lafayette international airport with "iiiiieeeeeee!"

...you sit down to eat boiled crawfish and your host says "don't eat the dead ones" and you know what he means.

...you don't know the real names of your friends, only their nicknames.

...you gave up Tabasco for lent....you know the difference between zatarains, zeringue, and zydeco.

...your dog thinks the bed of your pickup is his kennel.

...any of your dessert recipes call for jalapenos.

...you consider Opelousas the capital of the state, and Lafayette the capital of the nation.

...you think the four seasons are: duck, rabbit, deer, squirrel.

Old 03-22-2009, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Did you go to the dam area? I ran my truck off in the lake at the dam boat ramp one night. Thought I was going down the road. Uncle Bud again.
First of all good morning everyone! Second of all Rainbow you did WHAT? Man oh man and your still alive after all yours and Uncle Buds adventures? Wow I guess the good do die young!! LOL third of all I have no idea where the dam is on the lake! Please tell!

Old 03-22-2009, 07:48 AM

Quote:
First of all good morning everyone! Second of all Rainbow you did WHAT? Man oh man and your still alive after all yours and Uncle Buds adventures? Wow I guess the good do die young!! LOL third of all I have no idea where the dam is on the lake! Please tell!
It's been a long time but, it seems like you go east on hwy.2 then go down the spillway road. Better axe a local though. That use to be the happening place on the lake. May not be anymore since they built the state park on Hwy.2 west, towards Bernice. I do know where that is because I still fish that side of the lake.

Old 03-22-2009, 07:57 AM

Quote:
It's been a long time but, it seems like you go east on hwy.2 then go down the spillway road. Better axe a local though. That use to be the happening place on the lake. May not be anymore since they built the state park on Hwy.2 west, towards Bernice. I do know where that is because I still fish that side of the lake.
I have been to the state park many times letting our kids play and on the nature trails! But never to the dam I use to go to the dam in arkadelphia all the time! I loved it!!!

Old 03-22-2009, 08:02 AM

Quote:
I have been to the state park many times letting our kids play and on the nature trails! But never to the dam I use to go to the dam in arkadelphia all the time! I loved it!!!
I think they would enjoy it. We use to swim, ski, camp, and fish from the dam there. Take them out there today if you get a chance and ya'll check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana