U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2009, 07:03 PM

929 posts, read 2,441,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacieberry View Post
Must be tough!
Yeah, but Alloy Bobba said change was coming. I'm just wondering if this is what he meant?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2009, 07:11 PM

1,269 posts, read 2,179,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Island View Post
Yeah, but Alloy Bobba said change was coming. I'm just wondering if this is what he meant?
Apparently because that is all that is happening! It is so bad right now! The rich will be ok but what about people like us (me) who have no life savings, no expensive houses or cars to sell off we can only live pay check to pay check! I do not know what is going to happen if freight gets any slower!

Old 03-23-2009, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Apparently because that is all that is happening! It is so bad right now! The rich will be ok but what about people like us (me) who have no life savings, no expensive houses or cars to sell off we can only live pay check to pay check! I do not know what is going to happen if freight gets any slower!
I had life savings but it was cut in half when the stock market fell out. I know what we will do. Without!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-23-2009, 08:13 PM

We know all to well about doing without! This last Christmas things were very hard because my husband was laid off from before Thanksgiving to after Christmas. My oldest son who is 7 told me"mama don't worry about getting me Christmas presents this year. You just make sure the kids get presents!" I just cryed!!!

Old 03-23-2009, 08:27 PM

Quote:
We know all to well about doing without! This last Christmas things were very hard because my husband was laid off from before Thanksgiving to after Christmas. My oldest son who is 7 told me"mama don't worry about getting me Christmas presents this year. You just make sure the kids get presents!" I just cryed!!!
You gonna have me boo hooing too. That's a touching story Stacie, I'm ok myself. I have great in- laws that would go buy me a new car if I asked them. I never ask them for anything but they remind me all the time that they will be there if we need them. It's the guys that are losing their jobs that I work with and have worked with for years that's bothering me.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:34 PM

Quote:
You gonna have me boo hooing too. That's a touching story Stacie, I'm ok myself. I have great in- laws that would go buy me a new car if I asked them. I never ask them for anything but they remind me all the time that they will be there if we need them. It's the guys that are losing their jobs that I work with and have worked with for years that's bothering me.
First I was not telling that to get sympathy! I just was saying we know it gets hard! I feel for those people losing jobs too and I do not know them. I guess sometimes it sucks to have a softheart! I sure wish there was something I could do for them.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:42 PM

Quote:
First I was not telling that to get sympathy! I just was saying we know it gets hard! I feel for those people losing jobs too and I do not know them. I guess sometimes it sucks to have a softheart! I sure wish there was something I could do for them.
I'm sorry but you are still getting sympathy, like it or not. LOL I think having a soft heart is a very good thing. I know I do.

Old 03-23-2009, 08:49 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry but you are still getting sympathy, like it or not. LOL I think having a soft heart is a very good thing. I know I do.
It is good to a point! I honestly think if I ever won the lottery or got lots of money I would spend it on other people before I even thought about getting my self anything! Hubby gets so mad at me cause back in the day I would give money to everyone outside wal-mart asking for it! LOL you know what I mean right?

Old 03-23-2009, 08:54 PM

Now tell me why they did not name this the Rainbow and Stacie chat thread? Cause I have no clue as of why not!

Old 03-23-2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:
It is good to a point! I honestly think if I ever won the lottery or got lots of money I would spend it on other people before I even thought about getting my self anything! Hubby gets so mad at me cause back in the day I would give money to everyone outside wal-mart asking for it! LOL you know what I mean right?
Yeah. We go overboard every year at Christmas. Salvation Army, United Way, and whatever else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana