U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2009, 04:17 AM

18,264 posts, read 7,549,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacieberry View Post
LOL my kids want us to move where it does snow!
There is plenty of room for y'all up here!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU Tiger Z71 View Post
It did this winter and people flipped the **** out.
I know!! I got a kick out of watching their facial expressions and all!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger81 View Post
I was there in April 1999, so 10 years ago now. WHERE does the time go?!?

It was a high school trip with Bands of America and we were staying downtown at the Embassy Suites (I think?) and I don't remember much. I remember that we thought the glass elevators in the lobby were cool and that EVERY DAY we had chicken and rice to eat. We were stumped why we had to eat some variation of it EVERY DAY. Even the plane served it.
I've never been to the Embassy Suites so I dont know about the glass elevator. Thats odd? chicken everyday including the plane ride?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2009, 02:52 PM

887 posts, read 2,708,968 times
Sheesh Tigger, you need to find you a man! Get them bills straight and get a new townhome/home or something. That sounds horrible, I'd move back in with Mom/Dad before I dealt with that.!

Old 04-06-2009, 03:52 PM

112 posts, read 276,483 times
Quote:
Sheesh Tigger, you need to find you a man! Get them bills straight and get a new townhome/home or something. That sounds horrible, I'd move back in with Mom/Dad before I dealt with that.!
LOL...I am married but the economy stinks. I have a job that pays decently but he does not at this time. The bills are straight but housing up here is very expensive. I saw an ad for some townhomes today...starting at $385K.

When we move we will probably rent for a year, maybe two but we want to get into a house.

Old 04-06-2009, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger81 View Post
LOL...I am married but the economy stinks. I have a job that pays decently but he does not at this time. The bills are straight but housing up here is very expensive. I saw an ad for some townhomes today...starting at $385K.

When we move we will probably rent for a year, maybe two but we want to get into a house.
Holy crud, where do you live??

You can get 2 acres, inground pool, new construction two story home.. for that here. I have a pretty new mortgage that I pay now, and I get a lot more sq.ft. than that for the price I paid.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:03 PM

Quote:

You can get 2 acres, inground pool, new construction two story home.. for that here. I have a pretty new mortgage that I pay now, and I get a lot more sq.ft. than that for the price I paid.

The same applies here. I live in an apartment, but my friend who lives within sight distance of my apartment, his house cost around $830K and they dont have two acres. They have a tiny inground pool, 3 story house(counting basement) I don't know the square footage of his house though but his house is pretty big.

Housing here in Indiana is very expensive.

Old 04-06-2009, 04:09 PM

Houses around 800-1mil. here are normally "Estates" not really a single-family home. I thought Indiana housing would be cheap. I think I did OK building my home.. and I imagine if moved to Indiana with my home.. That house you described would be 200k... More than 4x... $4,980,000 for mine.. which can't be right?? haha

Old 04-06-2009, 04:13 PM

112 posts, read 276,483 times
Quote:

I'm in the Bronx, NY. This apartment in Manhattan would be probably $3K or more; it's pretty big at 670 sf.

Old 04-06-2009, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Houses around 800-1mil. here are normally "Estates" not really a single-family home. I thought Indiana housing would be cheap. I think I did OK building my home.. and I imagine if moved to Indiana with my home.. That house you described would be 200k... More than 4x... $4,980,000 for mine.. which can't be right?? haha

What I described is what you would see in most of the urban areas of Indiana. You probably wont necessarily run into home prices like that in rural parts of Indiana.

Old 04-06-2009, 06:29 PM

I investigated realtor.com and found home prices agreeable except in downtown Indianapolis..

Old 04-06-2009, 06:55 PM

Quote:
I investigated realtor.com and found home prices agreeable except in downtown Indianapolis..

some yes but when you venture out towards the edges of the city and the suburbs the prices of housing goes way up. The average price for a new home in my town is around I $240K?

While the average price for an existing home is around $175K.

Downtown Indianapolis I think their price of housing is proposterous.

Also different realitors show different houses so just because one shows affordable housing doesnt mean that all housing is affordable.

How is housing prices down in Louisiana?

How are you guys tonight?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana