U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-15-2009, 02:26 PM
 
Location: Western Hoosierland
18,264 posts, read 7,545,208 times
Reputation: 5943

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU Tiger Z71 View Post
They don't teach German in high schools here. Even private ones.

Law Enforcement is cool-- I just wouldn't want to be stuck being a douche as a cop--like speeding tickets and such.

I got two bass around 5lbs. and about 14 in total. I throw them back and catch them again later!

Edit: I was just as the grocery store. Which one you go to Stacie? (me: brookshires off 165)

No German?? Where I live is a major German/European stronghold. That maybe why it is taught here.

Do they atleast teach French in Louisiana?

I am thinking I am wanting to lean towards being a Detective or something like that.

Congrats on the big catch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-15-2009, 02:29 PM
 
Location: Monroe, Louisiana
887 posts, read 2,708,374 times
Reputation: 539
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
No German?? Where I live is a major German/European stronghold. That maybe why it is taught here.

Do they atleast teach French in Louisiana?

I am thinking I am wanting to lean towards being a Detective or something like that.

Congrats on the big catch!
Spanish is most popular followed by French and then Latin in selective schools.

I have a friend who works for the state police doing business write-ups and what not-- Makes less than I do-- but only works around 2-4 hours a day, very jealous.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2009, 02:33 PM
 
Location: Western Hoosierland
18,264 posts, read 7,545,208 times
Reputation: 5943
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU Tiger Z71 View Post
Spanish is most popular followed by French and then Latin in selective schools.

I have a friend who works for the state police doing business write-ups and what not-- Makes less than I do-- but only works around 2-4 hours a day, very jealous.

Spanish is somewhat popular here to. It is mainly French and German that are the most popular.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2009, 02:38 PM
 
Location: Monroe, Louisiana
887 posts, read 2,708,374 times
Reputation: 539
Spanish seems to be touted as the most advantageous economically suited language here. Down way South, French is more popular due to the Creole culture. No one takes it seriously since it is a requirement to attend college here. I can hardly remember Spanish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2009, 05:45 PM
 
Location: Fordyce Arkansas
1,269 posts, read 2,179,040 times
Reputation: 1496
Hi everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2009, 05:50 PM
 
Location: Western Hoosierland
18,264 posts, read 7,545,208 times
Reputation: 5943
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacieberry View Post
Hi everyone!

Guten Abend Stacie!!
(Good Evening)

How was the grocery store?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2009, 06:34 PM
 
Location: Fordyce Arkansas
1,269 posts, read 2,179,040 times
Reputation: 1496
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
Guten Abend Stacie!!
(Good Evening)

How was the grocery store?
It was all right! LOL sorry I am not trying to ignore you tonight just been busy. You know on and off.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2009, 06:51 PM
 
Location: Western Hoosierland
18,264 posts, read 7,545,208 times
Reputation: 5943
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacieberry View Post
It was all right! LOL sorry I am not trying to ignore you tonight just been busy. You know on and off.

It's okay I know you have kids to tend to.I've been a bit busy myself editing and changing things on my profile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2009, 07:35 PM
 
112 posts, read 276,380 times
Reputation: 74
I've been a weebit busy tonight too. I'm packing and going through 6 days of mail that I missed when I was in Louisiana.

I also need to un-pack my suitcase so I can do the laundry tomorrow. Yuck. Most of the apartments I looked at in La had washers and dryers, or at least the hook-ups, in the units! TOTALLY want to get one of those!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2009, 07:40 PM
 
Location: Western Hoosierland
18,264 posts, read 7,545,208 times
Reputation: 5943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger81 View Post
I've been a weebit busy tonight too. I'm packing and going through 6 days of mail that I missed when I was in Louisiana.

I also need to un-pack my suitcase so I can do the laundry tomorrow. Yuck. Most of the apartments I looked at in La had washers and dryers, or at least the hook-ups, in the units! TOTALLY want to get one of those!!

Good Evening Tigger!

I wish we had washer dryer hook ups here in my apartments!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top