U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2009, 08:38 PM

112 posts, read 276,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacieberry View Post
I do not think I would want to live in the city! To many people and to little land. I guess I am just a country girl.
The kids in my class described grass as "crispy" one year. Never before and never since have I heard that word used to describe typical grass like you find in people's yards or in a normal park.

The parks in the neighborhood around the school I work at don't have grass...just concrete and those black rubber mat things under the playground equipment. There's literally blocks and blocks with no grass.

I am not a country girl but I'm ready to leave a city of this size to something smaller!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2009, 08:42 PM

1,269 posts, read 2,179,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger81 View Post
My parents live in this neighborhood that is outside of town on one road. Not 6 miles, but far enough that if you need anything, you have to drive to get it.

I've heard about the Louisiana bugs LOL. But you live in north La, right? I have not been north of Baton Rouge in Louisiana. I've only been in the NOLA metro area and to BR and on I-10 between the two.
Yes north Louisiana. It isn't that great! I heard south LA is nice though never been but would love to go!

Old 04-15-2009, 09:50 PM

Louisiana DWI

A young man was pulled over by the Louisiana state police for speeding. The officer stepped out of his patrol car, adjusted his sunglasses, and swaggered up to the young man's window. "What chew driving so fast for son? You going to a fahr?. Let me see your license, boy." The young man handed over his license. Then the officer noticed that the back seat of his car was full of large knives. The officer said, "Tell me boy, why you got them knives on that there back seat?" The young man replied, "Well sir, I'm a juggler." The officer spat some tobacco juice and then he said, "A juggler; well you don't say. Boy, put cha hands on the trunk of yer car; you going to jail!" The young man pleaded with the officer not to take him to jail. He offered to prove to the officer that he was a juggler by way of demonstration. He said, "You can even hold me at gunpoint while I juggle for you." The officer reluctantly allowed him to prove his point while he held him at gunpoint. Two miles down the road at Joe's Tavern, Billy Bob was drinking it up with Homer T. Ratcliff. He soon left and got into his old, rusty pickup truck. He proceeded down the road trying his best to stay on the right side. Suddenly Billy Bob spotted the most unbelievable sight of his life! He drove to the nearest phone booth and dialed the number for Joe's Tavern and asked for his buddy, Homer T. Ratcliff. When Homer got on the phone Billy Bob said, "Whatever you do when you leave that tavern, don't go north on 442. The state police are giving a sobriety test that nobody can pass!!

Old 04-15-2009, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger81 View Post
The kids in my class described grass as "crispy" one year. Never before and never since have I heard that word used to describe typical grass like you find in people's yards or in a normal park.

The parks in the neighborhood around the school I work at don't have grass...just concrete and those black rubber mat things under the playground equipment. There's literally blocks and blocks with no grass.

I am not a country girl but I'm ready to leave a city of this size to something smaller!
Crispy? LOL guess they never saw grass to much either?

The country is nice. I can let my kids play outside and not have to worry so much you know!

Old 04-15-2009, 09:58 PM

Gone to bed! Good night.

Old 04-16-2009, 04:19 AM

18,264 posts, read 7,550,486 times
Quote:
I do not think I would want to live in the city! To many people and to little land. I guess I am just a country girl.
I used to live out in the country when I was little but then we moved to the suburbs. I like both places equally.

Quote:
Louisiana DWI

A young man was pulled over by the Louisiana state police for speeding. The officer stepped out of his patrol car, adjusted his sunglasses, and swaggered up to the young man's window. "What chew driving so fast for son? You going to a fahr?. Let me see your license, boy." The young man handed over his license. Then the officer noticed that the back seat of his car was full of large knives. The officer said, "Tell me boy, why you got them knives on that there back seat?" The young man replied, "Well sir, I'm a juggler." The officer spat some tobacco juice and then he said, "A juggler; well you don't say. Boy, put cha hands on the trunk of yer car; you going to jail!" The young man pleaded with the officer not to take him to jail. He offered to prove to the officer that he was a juggler by way of demonstration. He said, "You can even hold me at gunpoint while I juggle for you." The officer reluctantly allowed him to prove his point while he held him at gunpoint. Two miles down the road at Joe's Tavern, Billy Bob was drinking it up with Homer T. Ratcliff. He soon left and got into his old, rusty pickup truck. He proceeded down the road trying his best to stay on the right side. Suddenly Billy Bob spotted the most unbelievable sight of his life! He drove to the nearest phone booth and dialed the number for Joe's Tavern and asked for his buddy, Homer T. Ratcliff. When Homer got on the phone Billy Bob said, "Whatever you do when you leave that tavern, don't go north on 442. The state police are giving a sobriety test that nobody can pass!!

Ha Ha!

Old 04-16-2009, 05:20 PM

Hello everyone! I will not be on tonight but wanted to wish everyone a good night!!

Old 04-16-2009, 05:23 PM

18,264 posts, read 7,550,486 times
Quote:
Hello everyone! I will not be on tonight but wanted to wish everyone a good night!!

Hi/Bye Stacie!! Hope you had a wonderful day and hope you have a happy evening!

Old 04-16-2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
Hi/Bye Stacie!! Hope you had a wonderful day and hope you have a happy evening!
One last post! We got bad news today that is really really affecting me and my kids so no of us are in a good mood! But thanks!

Old 04-16-2009, 05:36 PM

112 posts, read 276,510 times
Quote:
One last post! We got bad news today that is really really affecting me and my kids so no of us are in a good mood! But thanks!
I'm sorry to hear that. *hugs*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana