U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 04-17-2009, 10:13 PM
 
Location: Monroe, Louisiana
887 posts, read 2,707,804 times
Reputation: 539

Advertisements

Yes, it wasn't this month or anything-- but it made my day.

I would say he reminded me of a younger version of myself.. but this guy was wangster. Backwards flatbill, billabong shirt.. "Fox Racing" on the back. I see this guy speed down the road occasionally, if I had to guess doing around 100-120.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-17-2009, 10:15 PM
 
Location: Western Hoosierland
18,264 posts, read 7,540,601 times
Reputation: 5943
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU Tiger Z71 View Post
Yes, it wasn't this month or anything-- but it made my day.

I would say he reminded me of a younger version of myself.. but this guy was wangster. Backwards flatbill, billabong shirt.. "Fox Racing" on the back. I see this guy speed down the road occasionally, if I had to guess doing around 100-120.

I "dislike" Wangsters

They tick me off!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-17-2009, 10:22 PM
 
Location: Monroe, Louisiana
887 posts, read 2,707,804 times
Reputation: 539
You wouldn't even know. Its a big thing now, they usually hang outside the mall smoking cigs (weak, cheap cigs too) and try to act like the African-American street culture. Personally, I think a lot of African-Americans look cool wearing some stuff but put the same thing on a white person who knows nothing of the Street culture/hardness of life/respect on the streets.. it looks stupid. People think the ghetto clothing is cheap.. but it really isn't.. Coogi is pretty expensive and such.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2009, 12:33 PM
 
Location: Western Hoosierland
18,264 posts, read 7,540,601 times
Reputation: 5943
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU Tiger Z71 View Post
You wouldn't even know. Its a big thing now, they usually hang outside the mall smoking cigs (weak, cheap cigs too) and try to act like the African-American street culture. Personally, I think a lot of African-Americans look cool wearing some stuff but put the same thing on a white person who knows nothing of the Street culture/hardness of life/respect on the streets.. it looks stupid. People think the ghetto clothing is cheap.. but it really isn't.. Coogi is pretty expensive and such.


Some of the younger kids in my area are starting to pick up on the Wangster thing and it is utterly ridiculous. Rich white kids walking around with their pants down to their knees and wearing all the big flashy jewelry thinking their all fly. I admit I wear nice expensive clothes and some jewelry but I dont do it to act wangster.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2009, 06:57 PM
 
Location: Western Hoosierland
18,264 posts, read 7,540,601 times
Reputation: 5943
Good Evening Everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2009, 07:04 PM
 
112 posts, read 276,292 times
Reputation: 74
Hello....

Only one day left of spring break, then TEN LONG WEEKS left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2009, 07:05 PM
 
Location: Fordyce Arkansas
1,269 posts, read 2,178,423 times
Reputation: 1496
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
Good Evening Everyone!
Hey Gdude! How are you?

Today we packed my parents up and they leave tomorrow!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2009, 07:11 PM
 
Location: Western Hoosierland
18,264 posts, read 7,540,601 times
Reputation: 5943
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger81 View Post
Hello....

Only one day left of spring break, then TEN LONG WEEKS left.
My Spring Break ended two weeks ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacieberry View Post
Hey Gdude! How are you?

Today we packed my parents up and they leave tomorrow!

I am doing gREAT!

Sorry your parents are moving on short notice

Are you going to be there when they set sail tomorrow?

How are you guys this evening?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2009, 07:15 PM
 
112 posts, read 276,292 times
Reputation: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacieberry View Post
Hey Gdude! How are you?

Today we packed my parents up and they leave tomorrow!
I'm sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
My Spring Break ended two weeks ago.



I am doing gREAT!

Sorry your parents are moving on short notice

Are you going to be there when they set sail tomorrow?

How are you guys this evening?
Two weeks ago. That's a bummer.

Stacie...your parents are moving or were they just visiting? Are they going away far? I live 3000 miles from my parents.


I'm okay....bummed about going back to work on Monday, but I'm sick. I have this annoying cough that just makes my lungs ache. I got some packing done today though, so that's good. At least I'm getting SOMETHING done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-18-2009, 08:11 PM
 
Location: Western Hoosierland
18,264 posts, read 7,540,601 times
Reputation: 5943
It really isnt that much of a bummer considering we will get out of school earlier at the end of the year than most schools around here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top