U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2009, 10:55 PM

887 posts, read 2,708,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdude View Post
Your Welcome!!

I dont think the entire South is what I described it as over on the General US board. I am just telling about what I encountered in Kentucky,Tennessee,Alabama and Georgia. Not meaning to offend anyone.

You can say those things about Indiana to.
No problem brah. But I still think you'd think the same about Louisiana just based on what you thought about those states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2009, 11:04 PM

18,264 posts, read 7,542,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU Tiger Z71 View Post
No problem brah. But I still think you'd think the same about Louisiana just based on what you thought about those states.

Maybe

My friend Robert is from somewhere in Northwest Louisiana and the only things that he has that I mentioned is the accent.

He is one pretty smart,open minded, and funny friend!!

If Louisiana is like him then I would love Louisiana!

But I know he just represents himself and not the entire state so Louisiana could indeed be what I mentioned.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Maybe

My friend Robert is from somewhere in Northwest Louisiana and the only things that he has that I mentioned is the accent.

He is one pretty smart,open minded, and funny friend!!

If Louisiana is like him then I would love Louisiana!

But I know he just represents himself and not the entire state so Louisiana could indeed be what I mentioned.
I think more and more from this website that Louisiana is a bubble from the rest of the South.. I personally love where I live but I wouldn't mind moving down to Baton Rouge/New Orleans and actually may do so while we have the chance (before my child gets settled into a school) I'm just not sure if I want an office job or not. My wife could get a job as a nurse somewhere else as well.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:10 PM

112 posts, read 276,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacieberry View Post
Thanks we are like 1/4 of a mile from the house! Yay we made it!
Yay! I saw the radar for your area and some pictures from Dallas. I'm glad you got home okay; those storms looked pretty nasty.

Quote:
Gdude, my wife took a preganancy test today. First one negative?? Second one positive?? So odd. I think she is pregnant though and will see our family physician Monday.
Oooh! That's exciting! Congratulations! I'm sure you want some confirmation one way or the other, but it sounds like it's probably positive!

Gdude, I am going to have to go look at what you said!

Old 05-02-2009, 11:13 PM

Quote:
I think more and more from this website that Louisiana is a bubble from the rest of the South.. I personally love where I live but I wouldn't mind moving down to Baton Rouge/New Orleans and actually may do so while we have the chance (before my child gets settled into a school) I'm just not sure if I want an office job or not. My wife could get a job as a nurse somewhere else as well.

I "hear" that Baton Rouge is a nice city and New Orleans has really went down ever since Katrina. New Orleans supposedly has the highest suicide rate outside the Pacific Northwest.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:15 PM

LSU you really dont have H1N1 do you?

Old 05-02-2009, 11:16 PM

Quote:
I "hear" that Baton Rouge is a nice city and New Orleans has really went down ever since Katrina. New Orleans supposedly has the highest suicide rate outside the Pacific Northwest.
New Orleans has the poorest people, highest murder rate, and most corrupt government as well.

It also has the French Quarter, constant entertainment, great restaurants, New Orleans Hornets/Saints, great neighborhoods, and friendly people! A mix of conservative, liberal, hiphop, Southern people.. Most of all, its one city and one future and I'd love to be apart of it.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:16 PM

112 posts, read 276,348 times
Quote:
Well, (suburban) New Orleans is where I'm heading! I'm excited; I have some really good friends there and they have good food too. And my job situation should be a LOT better than what it is now.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:17 PM

Quote:
LSU you really dont have H1N1 do you?
No, not at all. My Dad really did come back from Mexico though (two weeks ago or so)! My status comment got a good laugh out of him.

Old 05-02-2009, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger81 View Post
Well, (suburban) New Orleans is where I'm heading! I'm excited; I have some really good friends there and they have good food too. And my job situation should be a LOT better than what it is now.
indeed.

You should be living it up in the Warehouse district though, if I was single--this is where I'd stay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana