U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2009, 02:40 AM

112 posts, read 276,272 times

Advertisements

Just a quick check-in...I've been so busy finishing out the school year and getting ready to move. We load the truck this afternoon; 12 hours from now my apartment should be empty except for luggage for the plane trip tomorrow!

That's right...we move to Louisiana TOMORROW!

I hope everyone is doing well...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 12:36 PM

18,264 posts, read 7,539,510 times
Have fun and be safe!

I'm doing great!

Old 06-29-2009, 06:21 PM

887 posts, read 2,707,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger81 View Post
Just a quick check-in...I've been so busy finishing out the school year and getting ready to move. We load the truck this afternoon; 12 hours from now my apartment should be empty except for luggage for the plane trip tomorrow!

That's right...we move to Louisiana TOMORROW!

I hope everyone is doing well...
I don't know if this post is related to my message, but OK, I never thought you'd return!

I hope you have a safe journey! Laissez les bon temps rouler!

Old 06-29-2009, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU Tiger Z71 View Post
I don't know if this post is related to my message, but OK, I never thought you'd return!

I hope you have a safe journey! Laissez les bon temps rouler!
Yes! I saw that and went OMG! I haven't posted over here in forever!

And thanks! We fly down tomorrow!

See, this thread by itself is not difficult to keep up with. The problem is that I'm on about a total of 5 forums. I had so much to do that I went cold turkey on all of them for about 10 days and have slowly been returning to them.

Old 06-29-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Yes! I saw that and went OMG! I haven't posted over here in forever!

And thanks! We fly down tomorrow!

See, this thread by itself is not difficult to keep up with. The problem is that I'm on about a total of 5 forums. I had so much to do that I went cold turkey on all of them for about 10 days and have slowly been returning to them.
I actually post here the least! Most of the other forums aren't as serious as this one. This one seems to value personal contact and more driven to solutions. The truck/sports ones I post with tend to be humorous and not serious.

Haha, I would have driven down for the heck of it. Then again, I like roadtrips, so sue me.

Old 06-29-2009, 07:11 PM

I don't mean 5 forums here on City-Data. I mean 5 totally separate boards with different screen names and all. It's impossible to keep up.

It was cheaper to ship it freight and let them drive than to rent a Penske or Uhaul, especially when adding in gas, hotel, and food on the way down. The flights (direct) were only $89 each.

Also, my husband doesn't have a driver's license yet, so I would have had to drive all 1400 miles myself and I would have been more than a weebit cranky!

I will save the road tripping for a time when I'm not driving a truck that gets about 8 miles a gallon. I have seen very little of the land between NY and LA, so I was interested in driving until I did the math.

Old 06-29-2009, 07:29 PM

Quote:
I don't mean 5 forums here on City-Data. I mean 5 totally separate boards with different screen names and all. It's impossible to keep up.

It was cheaper to ship it freight and let them drive than to rent a Penske or Uhaul, especially when adding in gas, hotel, and food on the way down. The flights (direct) were only $89 each.

Also, my husband doesn't have a driver's license yet, so I would have had to drive all 1400 miles myself and I would have been more than a weebit cranky!

I will save the road tripping for a time when I'm not driving a truck that gets about 8 miles a gallon. I have seen very little of the land between NY and LA, so I was interested in driving until I did the math.
I meant 5 different forums outside of this one as well! I guess trucks and sports are discussed here as well!

I can imagine anyway not getting a license ASAP, where I'm from especially. Yeah, you're a girl, so you'd wreck somehow. You'd do better letting him drive, even without a license! JK

Have a great time!

Old 06-29-2009, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU Tiger Z71 View Post
I meant 5 different forums outside of this one as well! I guess trucks and sports are discussed here as well!

I can imagine anyway not getting a license ASAP, where I'm from especially. Yeah, you're a girl, so you'd wreck somehow. You'd do better letting him drive, even without a license! JK

Have a great time!
GASP!

Old 07-03-2009, 08:38 PM

*knock knock* Anybody here?!?

I moved! I am officially a Louisiana resident now!

Old 07-06-2009, 09:48 AM

159 posts, read 512,365 times
Congratulations on the move to your new homestate.. welcome..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana