Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2009, 09:09 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,132,239 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOUISIANA'SLEGEND View Post
Southern Comfort...hmmm....what about the space u guys. There's a big difference as far as space and great outdoors when u talk about comparing the south and the north. Its always comforting when you can see open spaces that are not parks, trees and natural floral environments, and just the fact you actually have the opportunity mind your own business without considering others at all, is a big feature in Southern Comfort. And just to be random and completely off the wall (as i have a reputation for), what about the differences in our beautiful women in the south compared to the north. Im not gonna go into detail due to the editing on here but, lets just say Southern Comfort feels alot better when u have a nice soft cushioned love seat instead of a "skinny, light weight" lawnchair. Hehehe
If I wasn't already happily married, I'd be hitting on you big time after this post. You're my kind of guy (and from Louisiana too, cher.) Woo hoo

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2009, 11:34 AM

1,768 posts, read 3,413,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOUISIANA'SLEGEND View Post
Southern Comfort...hmmm....what about the space u guys. There's a big difference as far as space and great outdoors when u talk about comparing the south and the north. Its always comforting when you can see open spaces that are not parks, trees and natural floral environments, and just the fact you actually have the opportunity mind your own business without considering others at all, is a big feature in Southern Comfort. And just to be random and completely off the wall (as i have a reputation for), what about the differences in our beautiful women in the south compared to the north. Im not gonna go into detail due to the editing on here but, lets just say Southern Comfort feels alot better when u have a nice soft cushioned love seat instead of a "skinny, light weight" lawnchair. Hehehe
You took the words right outta my mouth — even the part about unnecessary moderator censorship.

I would add that I particularly love the weather here in Baton Rouge from November 1st thru May 15.

Old 06-15-2009, 09:52 PM

13 posts, read 36,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Island View Post
1.Fried green tomatoes, fish, shrimp, craw fish, taters cooked any way.
2.Hot and very humid weather, skeeters.

yummy!!!

Old 07-12-2010, 11:20 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,224,389 times
southern comfort, well good eating, drinking lemonade and having a good time w/ the fam.

Old 07-12-2010, 11:31 PM

40 posts, read 82,410 times
BBQing in the spring with the whole family, a big ole daquiri and music in the background watching the kiddos dance around in the sprinklers! Born and raised in NOLA but hate seafood....hehehe!

Old 07-13-2010, 07:45 AM

3,071 posts, read 3,224,389 times
Born and raise in NO and hate seafood? How the hell did that happen? Anway, I love seafood, but half of my dads side of the family cannot eat it, it causes them to break out. To me southern comfort would also include being able to hear terms of endearment w/o them being mistaken for being condescending.

Old 07-14-2010, 04:00 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,240,599 times
Sad part is these days it is becoming cell phone rude drivers, McDonalds and Trance music.

As an example... I met some Cajun kids this week who'd never been to the beach in their life and never set foot in salt water. Not much comfort in the thought that neuvocajuns don't even bring their kids crabbing or swimming at the beach.

Much of what you folks are talking about is slowly but surely leaving us. Southern Comfort is what Janis drank for breakfast. That will never change.

Southern comfort is a state of mind. You can't buy it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana