U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 05:23 PM

772 posts, read 4,096,355 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacieberry View Post
That is wonderful but what about all these other places shutting down? What about the state being so dirty? He could help that. What about the high drop out rate? Health care and education that was cut in the budget cuts? There is so much they could try to do! Am I the only one who sees this?
He's only been governor for a short period of time, and he's running one of the poorest states in the union. And at the same time, his hands are tied on many matters. Have you any idea how crooked this state is? The backward retards running this state don't take too kindly to this new blood in the office.

When you have a state that has no money, what do you do? You cut programs, starting with non-essentials and working your way up to the essentials if need be.

The man is no idiot, and he's done a fine job with the craphole hand he was dealt. Would you rather the state fall back under Blank-O's leadership (if you can call it that)? How about crooked-assed Edwin Edwards? The most backward retard ever to hold public office, and the backward-assed retards in this state loved him. What's the deal with that?

Old 03-30-2009, 05:34 PM

1,269 posts, read 2,177,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SBCmetroguy View Post
He's only been governor for a short period of time, and he's running one of the poorest states in the union. And at the same time, his hands are tied on many matters. Have you any idea how crooked this state is? The backward retards running this state don't take too kindly to this new blood in the office.

When you have a state that has no money, what do you do? You cut programs, starting with non-essentials and working your way up to the essentials if need be.

The man is no idiot, and he's done a fine job with the craphole hand he was dealt. Would you rather the state fall back under Blank-O's leadership (if you can call it that)? How about crooked-assed Edwin Edwards? The most backward retard ever to hold public office, and the backward-assed retards in this state loved him. What's the deal with that?
When has education been non essential? To me that should be the most important thing!!

Old 03-30-2009, 05:37 PM

772 posts, read 4,096,355 times
Quote:
When has education been non essential? To me that should be the most important thing!!
I said starting with non-essential programs and moving up to essential ones if need be ... hence education. But I don't know that he has cut education funding. I don't keep up with politics much anymore, all it does is **** me off and make me want to fight people. It's not worth it, it's useless, evil bullshyt if you ask me.

Old 03-30-2009, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBCmetroguy View Post
I said starting with non-essential programs and moving up to essential ones if need be ... hence education. But I don't know that he has cut education funding. I don't keep up with politics much anymore, all it does is **** me off and make me want to fight people. It's not worth it, it's useless, evil bullshyt if you ask me.
People should keep up with what is going on though! People wanna complain about things but will not do anything about it! Like I said before I am highly pissed off at the education my son gets at his school! But I am trying do do something about it! I have called everyone I can to get help including the governor!!

Old 03-30-2009, 05:51 PM

2,047 posts, read 4,675,440 times
Quote:
Oh yeah I know the economy is bad everywhere but you can do something to try and create jobs! Or being businesses in to the state.
A lot of southern Louisiana places are attracting good business lately. Lafayette was highly rated as a top choice location for small/medium business not long ago and continues to be very progressive towards attracting more for example. The state is definitely trying very hard to improve its image. Its not like these htings can happen overnight though. Part of it has to do with the demographics present here, the traditional work ethic, the level of existing education- these things take time to turn around and a governor cantimprove everything overnight. It would require decades of leaders such as Jindal to change things. the problem is that this state rarely elects someone with thecare and consideration of Jindal, so we have to start from scratch over and over again with yet another crooked leader. If we can reverse THAT trend, then we can reverse many others.

Old 03-30-2009, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innotech View Post
A lot of southern Louisiana places are attracting good business lately. Lafayette was highly rated as a top choice location for small/medium business not long ago and continues to be very progressive towards attracting more for example. The state is definitely trying very hard to improve its image. Its not like these htings can happen overnight though. Part of it has to do with the demographics present here, the traditional work ethic, the level of existing education- these things take time to turn around and a governor cantimprove everything overnight. It would require decades of leaders such as Jindal to change things. the problem is that this state rarely elects someone with thecare and consideration of Jindal, so we have to start from scratch over and over again with yet another crooked leader. If we can reverse THAT trend, then we can reverse many others.
I have nothing against Jindal and I have not lived here long enough to know about past governors! I hope things will turn around!

Old 03-30-2009, 06:01 PM

929 posts, read 2,440,205 times
Quote:
People should keep up with what is going on though! People wanna complain about things but will not do anything about it! Like I said before I am highly pissed off at the education my son gets at his school! But I am trying do do something about it! I have called everyone I can to get help including the governor!!
I believe if everyone would do as Stacie does ( Make a few waves on the water ) Maybe some good would come of it. Keep rocking the boat Stace.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Island View Post
I believe if everyone would do as Stacie does ( Make a few waves on the water ) Maybe some good would come of it. Keep rocking the boat Stace.
Thank you Rainbow!

Old 04-01-2009, 06:28 AM

1,743 posts, read 3,067,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innotech View Post
An intelligent post, Innotech. Note also, though, that with regard to education that the state could double the money it throws at this and still end up at the bottom of the heap BECAUSE of the people who live here and attend our schools. It is clear that education is not the only essential to creating a viable state economy despite what others think.

The fact is that the economy here was much stronger when oil was king in the state. Now that Barack Isane Nobama has made it clear that there will not be a return to domestic oil production in a predominate role, the state really does not have much to look forward to. Its own citizens buy those crappy Chinese crawfish from Wal-Mart, too, so there's really not much going on within the state to encourage anything other than approval for another Katrina-style bail-out.

Old 04-01-2009, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosinante View Post
An intelligent post, Innotech. Note also, though, that with regard to education that the state could double the money it throws at this and still end up at the bottom of the heap BECAUSE of the people who live here and attend our schools. It is clear that education is not the only essential to creating a viable state economy despite what others think.

The fact is that the economy here was much stronger when oil was king in the state. Now that Barack Isane Nobama has made it clear that there will not be a return to domestic oil production in a predominate role, the state really does not have much to look forward to. Its own citizens buy those crappy Chinese crawfish from Wal-Mart, too, so there's really not much going on within the state to encourage anything other than approval for another Katrina-style bail-out.
Like I said before if the people stood up to these people in charge maybe somethings would change! The reason I am so education is because I see my son with a disability not getting what he needs out of the school! I know some people no matter how hard you try just do not care about their education but some kids do and they deserve a chance. Right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana