U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 11:58 PM

887 posts, read 2,707,327 times

Advertisements

Stacie, if you aren't pleased with the performance of your public and feel the school is inadequate to adjusting for your child's needs, you should consider placing your child in a private school and taking actions for yourself in this regard. Stop knocking the state, you and a lot of other people, always bash Louisiana on this forum.. In this regard, why not move out? No law stops you from moving out. State spending is inflated and needs to be cut. The same money we spend could be spent more effectively by removing corruption and streamlining government. Louisiana's rankings on crime should have no effect on you living in Northeast Louisiana, especially in the area you live in. Louisiana's Southern metros are growing, the people of this state are some of the best people in the world, and Louisiana has ample amount of cultural, educational, and economic opportunities in all regions of the state. Simply because you do not enjoy our state doesn't mean others won't.

Also, I think Mr. Jindal is doing a good job. I believe a Libertarian stance should be taken. Less spending and less taxes to promote economic growth. The best way to stimulate an economy is to cut taxes.

Old 04-04-2009, 02:44 AM

15,597 posts, read 35,854,503 times
Hey I donated a couple times to the Katrina Fund! Some of you maybe got to eat, drink, or sleep under a dry roof because of what I donated.
All the way from Alaska. We live where we live because we choose to. I've never been in a hurricane...I'd imagine most of you down yonder have never been in a volcanic ash fall. Roads close, flights get cancelled, and thus no groceries, mail etc sometimes for days or weeks. Ash gets into every nook and cranny, folks with asma or other breathing problems have trouble...as well as pets and livestock. Really...as cool as it is to see a local volaco erupt it can cause turmoil.
The scarey thing is Yellowstone may blow half the US clean into orbit! It's a reality many are not aware of. So rather than just bashing each other with childish comments...maybe some can realize pretty much anywhere in this country can dish out some harsh living conditions. Floods, earthquakes, tornadoes, volcanoes, hurricanes, avalanches...you name it...this country's got it. Yet we choose to live where we live despite the hazards. It ain't no big deal. I wouldn't take it kindly if the AK governor said we don't need hurricane monitoring..because we do. I also feel the Louisiana governor was out of line to say we don't need volcano monitoring. He obviously has never been near a live one.

I will say this tho...our govorner is waaaaaayyy cuter than yours! Even tho she is about as bright as a small appliance bulb!

Old 04-04-2009, 07:25 AM

4,230 posts, read 9,330,510 times
Nobody has to bash Louisiana. Louisiana bashes itself everyday. That "send your child to private school" is the perfect example of why LA is the way it is. Too many people want to just side-step problems or just save their own back. Also too many people look at things from a one-sided perspective. If you truly love LA then you should be able to realize that they're problems and some things need to change. All of it is not bashing, but just fact.

Back to the topic, I don't know enough about volcanoes to say whether funding is needed or not although I feel that it will be "interesting" to say the least if Yellowstone blew away the western half of Louisiana in the middle of the night. I'm not going to get into whether Jindal was wrong or right, but he shouldn't have touched the topic from a one-sided view. It's sad because it does reflect on Louisianians, whether you voted for him or not he still represents you.

At least the people in the post can now get an idea of how we feel when the rest of U.S. and the rest of Louisiana bash N.O. constantly.

Last edited by WestbankNOLA; 04-04-2009 at 08:00 AM..

Old 04-04-2009, 08:00 AM

4,230 posts, read 9,330,510 times
Moderator cut: quote from deleted post I was just saying in general that those upset because somebody said why live there and those who feel attacked because something was said about Jindal know what we go through down here daily.

I know everybody doesn't bash NO, but there are many in this state that wish we weren't apart of LA, and sadly many here feel the same way.

About the volcano, can we agree that Alaska's volcano is Louisiana's hurricane and leave it at that. Make something positive come from this.

Last edited by leorah; 04-04-2009 at 08:35 AM..

Old 04-04-2009, 08:51 AM

1,479 posts, read 7,202,007 times
Discussion over. Thread closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana