U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2009, 02:40 PM

30 posts, read 90,188 times

Advertisements

Just wondering if anyone can tell me some good outdoor activities around NW LA. I know there are lots, but seems we always end up BBQing, Picnic of fishing on base...so we need something new to do now that its getting nice out!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2009, 02:54 PM

1,269 posts, read 2,179,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHGirl87 View Post
Just wondering if anyone can tell me some good outdoor activities around NW LA. I know there are lots, but seems we always end up BBQing, Picnic of fishing on base...so we need something new to do now that its getting nice out!
I do not know about where you live at but here there is a state park and we take the kids and go on nature trails! But if you are in the SBC area you are about 2 hours from here! Sorry I do not know more!

Old 03-26-2009, 03:31 PM

425 posts, read 1,303,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OHGirl87 View Post
If you play golf, the Shreveport area is your Mecca.

Other than that, I'm not too sure, since I spent most of my outdoors time playing golf. Coming up in April, my old Kappa Sigma chapter at LSUS will be hosting it's annual See-Saw-a-Thon, which is a charity event that is a lot more fun than it sounds. It's at LSUS, they set up a huge see-saw and camp there all weekend see-sawing, and any passersby are welcome to come hang out, eat some food, see-saw, and of course, make a donation. All donations go to a group called Right-To-Play that builds handicapped accessible playgrounds. You can check out some of RTP's great work at the A.C. Steere playground.

Old 03-28-2009, 05:13 AM

211 posts, read 503,177 times
You got bikes? How about hitting some of the back roads and exploring on a cycle. It's great exercise and a lot of fun.

You into water sports? Canoeing or kayaking is also a lot of fun, though it takes a bit more know how and planning than cycling.

I'm living in China now, but when I relocate back to the US in July of 2010 I'm seriously considering LA (Lafayette) because I think the cycling and canoeing opportunites will be fantastic.

Just my 2 cents. :-)
Scott

Last edited by houstonreadhead; 03-28-2009 at 05:14 AM.. Reason: Grammar

Old 03-28-2009, 04:00 PM

14 posts, read 66,514 times
Hodges Gardens, in Florien has a lot of outdoor activities
CRT - Louisiana State Parks Fees, Facilities and Activities

Old 03-29-2009, 08:59 AM

929 posts, read 2,441,347 times
Plan a day to travel north. You don't have to go far to see some beautiful places. Broken Bow Ok. is not far at all from north La. and is a place to see. Go up into Arkansas. In 2.5 hours you can be at the diamond mine. If you find one, it's yours to keep. Our boy found a 1.75 carat diamond. Also, in that same area, there is a beautiful lake (Greeson) and a good trout river. Travel hwy. # 7. It's one of the most scenic roads in Arkansas. And if you really want to have fun and see some beautiful scenery, go to the Buffalo National River in Arkansas, rent a canoe and spend the day floating it. Go to Hot Springs Arkansas. There is a big water park there.Trust me, if you haven't done any of this, you will love it. If you have, then never mind and if you don't, shame on you. LOL

Old 03-29-2009, 06:54 PM

24 posts, read 46,977 times
Default arkansas

can you go whitewater rafting in Arkansas?

Old 03-30-2009, 06:20 PM

30 posts, read 90,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abayle View Post
can you go whitewater rafting in Arkansas?
I never even thought about it honestly! That sounds like so much fun though! Where do you recommend?

Old 03-31-2009, 07:29 PM

2,796 posts, read 6,878,576 times
I believe the Buffalo River in north central Ar is most popular for wwr and/or innertubing.

Old 04-01-2009, 06:10 AM

1,269 posts, read 2,179,250 times
The Caddo river in Glenwood Arkansas is also good for intertubing. And if you go to Arkansas then check out the diamond mine in Murfreesboro Arkansas. It is cool and you keep all the diamonds you find there. Some people have found like 20 cart diamonds!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana