U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2009, 08:48 PM

1,269 posts, read 2,177,745 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacq63 View Post
Here ya go..
The Myrtles Plantation

The caretakers (sorry, not gardeners) cottage has a double bed and 2 bunks. 'Twas nice sittin on the front porch in the sun.

The only scary part of it for me was the snoring of my 2 companions.
Thanks for the link! I doubt my hubby would stay at all!! But I think $115 was the cheapest that is not too bad but more than what I could afford right now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2009, 08:49 PM

929 posts, read 2,440,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacieberry View Post
Yes! Why you wanna come too? LOL
I'm out on that. I've had enough ghost for 1 lifetime.

Old 03-31-2009, 06:28 AM

Location: Virginia, just outside of DC, our crooks are just dressed better than yours.
84 posts, read 278,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drouzin View Post
Y'all have GOT to go to the Myrtles and take that night time ghost tour!! It was so totally worth the drive, in the dark, in the middle of po-dunk nowhere. We absolutely loved it! My two sisters, one neice, cousin and her kid have talked about spending the night, but so far no one has made any concrete plans, (I guess we are kinda chicken. What cha think Toupsee? Still up for it? {{shivers}}).
You know Drouzin, I would probably be better off without you. (No offense intended) You pick up vibes that I would probably not pay attention to
We can't pass a Civil War era cemetary or battlefield with out you getting an anxious look on your face. Can we talk about my basement stairs? But OK, I'm up for it. "The girls should go and experience what The Myrtles has to offer."
I'm bringing lots of butterscotch schnapps.

Old 03-31-2009, 10:09 AM

1,127 posts, read 4,610,583 times
Ya know I actually do have a questionable photo from the Myrtles. It was taken before the storm and could be in any of 5 different houses. It might take me a couple of weeks to dig it out but if I find it I'll post it here for y'all's thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacq63 View Post
Ya'all gotta stay o'night! Drou, did I tell you we went there with our drummer friend and stayed?
No, you didn't tell me y'all stayed there! I would have wanted to know all the gory details. I really am so glad your drummer friend has shown y'all so many sights!

Quote:
You know Drouzin, I would probably be better off without you. (No offense intended)
LOL, Yeah, but who is gonna tell you that they are measuring you for the pine box right before surgery? Besides, who else is gonna tell you when the boogies are gonna get you?

Old 03-31-2009, 01:19 PM

Location: Virginia, just outside of DC, our crooks are just dressed better than yours.
84 posts, read 278,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drouzin View Post
Ya know I actually do have a questionable photo from the Myrtles. It was taken before the storm and could be in any of 5 different houses. It might take me a couple of weeks to dig it out but if I find it I'll post it here for y'all's thoughts.

No, you didn't tell me y'all stayed there! I would have wanted to know all the gory details. I really am so glad your drummer friend has shown y'all so many sights!

LOL, Yeah, but who is gonna tell you that they are measuring you for the pine box right before surgery? Besides, who else is gonna tell you when the boogies are gonna get you?
Some things are best left to the imagination.

Old 03-31-2009, 02:26 PM

3,031 posts, read 5,388,585 times
Yes well, we did have copious amounts of alcohol the night we stayed...we met a bunch of girls who were planning to have a seance in their room - they invited us, but really, sitting around with a bunch of giggly girls was not part of my agenda. Aside from that, it was perfectly calm and peaceful. Except for.....the snoring!
Btw, HIII Toupsee!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or