Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 08:30 PM

947 posts, read 2,398,758 times

Advertisements

So we know your favorite places and where you are from now let's hear about those haunted places in Louisiana! Or if you want share with us a ghost story that has happen to you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2009, 08:43 PM

763 posts, read 2,660,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stacieberry View Post
So we know your favorite places and where you are from now let's hear about those haunted places in Louisiana! Or if you want share with us a ghost story that has happen to you!
I know a guy who says his house use to be haunted but everything that was happening just quit one day. The guy had some pretty creepy stories about things that happened in there. Scary stuff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-29-2009, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow Island View Post
I know a guy who says his house use to be haunted but everything that was happening just quit one day. The guy had some pretty creepy stories about things that happened in there. Scary stuff !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cool! Did he get scared?

Old 03-29-2009, 08:58 PM

I do not have any ghost stories or know anyone who has had any encounters with them! Maybe some people will open up and tell some!

Old 03-30-2009, 08:03 AM

714 posts, read 2,932,154 times
I don't have a personal experience but I have read and heard that the Civil War battlegrounds around Mansfield (DeSoto Parish) and Pleasant Hill (Sabine Parish) are haunted.

Old 03-30-2009, 08:44 AM

I do not even know any haunted places here! I figured with Louisiana's history that there would be a bunch of hauntings or ghost stories. I know I heard the myrtle plantation house in St. Francisville (spelling??) is supposed to be haunted!

Last edited by stacieberry; 03-30-2009 at 08:48 AM.. Reason: misspelled word

Old 03-30-2009, 09:15 AM

180 posts, read 667,095 times
The "Satan School" on Ellerbe Rd. in Shreveport is supposedly haunted. I didn't see any "ghosts," but heard strange noises that were sufficient to scare us 16 year old out of there!

Old 03-30-2009, 09:19 AM

1,127 posts, read 5,008,653 times
My old FEMA trailer! Seriously! It was right next door to the Chalmette Battlefield Cemetery. We would hear thumps and bumps late at night. It scared my son's friend when she was watching TV one night, (I ran into her the other day and ironically, and she brought it up.)

The biggest incident happened late one night just after I had gone to bed. The cat, (Peeky), suddenly rushed to the end of the bed sat really still and stared out the door into the hall. Okay, so that freaked me out a bit, but I knew we "shared" the trailer so I wasn't too scared, that is until the bathroom door slammed shut. I would have said that it was one of the cats, but they were all huddled in bed with me. No one else was home at the time.

Well, I got on the cell phone with Hubby, and told him about the door and halfway joking said, "I just want to let you know in case the killers get me," then the call was dropped. By this time I had gotten out of bed with some sort of weapon to hit who ever it was over the head and realized that there was no one there. I had full power and full bars, but the phone wouldn't call out none the less.

Needless to say, the phone going dead after my kidding about the killers upset Hubby a great deal. He found me in the bedroom with sweaty palms trying to call out when he came home, (his work was less than 5 min. away). Peeky was no longer giving that freaked out stare, and my phone was calling out again, and of course Hubby was irritated because his back was all up for nothing.

I am convinced that I had a "visitor" that night and so was Peeky.

Old 03-30-2009, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drouzin View Post
My old FEMA trailer! Seriously! It was right next door to the Chalmette Battlefield Cemetery. We would hear thumps and bumps late at night. It scared my son's friend when she was watching TV one night, (I ran into her the other day and ironically, and she brought it up.)

The biggest incident happened late one night just after I had gone to bed. The cat, (Peeky), suddenly rushed to the end of the bed sat really still and stared out the door into the hall. Okay, so that freaked me out a bit, but I knew we "shared" the trailer so I wasn't too scared, that is until the bathroom door slammed shut. I would have said that it was one of the cats, but they were all huddled in bed with me. No one else was home at the time.

Well, I got on the cell phone with Hubby, and told him about the door and halfway joking said, "I just want to let you know in case the killers get me," then the call was dropped. By this time I had gotten out of bed with some sort of weapon to hit who ever it was over the head and realized that there was no one there. I had full power and full bars, but the phone wouldn't call out none the less.

Needless to say, the phone going dead after my kidding about the killers upset Hubby a great deal. He found me in the bedroom with sweaty palms trying to call out when he came home, (his work was less than 5 min. away). Peeky was no longer giving that freaked out stare, and my phone was calling out again, and of course Hubby was irritated because his back was all up for nothing.

I am convinced that I had a "visitor" that night and so was Peeky.
That is kind of creepy. They say animals can have a sense for that kind of stuff!

Old 03-30-2009, 04:17 PM

The reason I asked this is because we went ghost hunting last Saturday. We went in Arkansas even though this is not in Louisiana I will tell it anyways. There is this civil war site called the marks mill. Supposedly it is haunted and you can hear horses riding through and men yelling out. We saw nothing but it was fun just to go! I thought maybe next time we could go here in Louisiana. I am trying to find some exciting places. I know some of you do not want people to think you are crazy by telling a ghost story so I will tell another one but once again it is set in Arkansas. ***********There is this place called the Amy Light there in south Arkansas. They say a railroad was built there and one night a man got his head cut off and died! Anyways now he roams around with a light looking for his head. We went out there many times and saw the light. Right before the light shows up you will hear a train coming and the trees start to move in like when a train comes by. You will even hear the train stopping at times! There are no tracks here anymore. No tracks anywhwere close!! One night the light circled us and we keep hearing talking and screaming. We were the only ones there. I think it is for real. Sometimes even when you do get ready to go your car will not start and the light will come right to your car!! It scared us to death!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana