U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 10:53 AM

430 posts, read 332,251 times

Advertisements

I got so upset about a thread that I shouldnt have been upset about because you people still want to down your state. So....I thought it would be cool if there was a thread that listed and dated current "fun" and "exciting" events in your respected cities and towns around Louisiana. Whether its new construction, or our famous festivals, someone whose from Louisiana who made news, or if you are an "out-of-stater" and came by here and had a blast.........anything positive and good that comes out of Louisiana list it.

I'll start it out.

The newly constructed Monroe Speedway is hosting a great event for racing fans this Saturday April 25. Its called the "Crash - O- Rama". This is a family filled event that all can enjoy. The Monroe Speedway has been has been creating a big buzz in North Louisiana as well as the near outter areas of bordering states. This is great news for Monroe, LA, in which has been creating a culture for itself within the lines of being artistic and flexing its great outdoors muscle. Check the Monroe Motor Speedway website for further details: Monroe Motor Speedway....the Crown Jewel of Louisana Short Tracks.

Hope you guys can follow this trend im setting and make it a habit, Louisiana needs positive feedback and people need to know about all the good things going on here whether its Shreveport, Opelousas, Deriddler, Jena, to the famous New Orleans. Lets use this Thread as a promoter and an advertiser for all things great Louisiana. Plus....it can make a good weekend planner it you guys do it correctly.

so...... whats up in your Louisiana city/town?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2009, 11:27 AM

425 posts, read 1,302,876 times
Barksdale getting some love:

Barksdale chosen as site of new Global Strike Command | ShreveportTimes | The Times

Old 04-22-2009, 04:35 PM

1,269 posts, read 2,178,241 times
I really do not know much about Louisiana except what I see or hear on the news! But I know Farmerville has a big watermelon festival sometime.

Old 05-22-2009, 08:59 AM

49 posts, read 188,217 times
Default Some Goodness & Fun In Opelousas

Zydeco Extravaganza May 24, Evangeline Downs Racino, Opelousas, Louisiana
index

Spice & Music Festival , Downtown Opelousas, June 5-7

Opelousas Spice and Music Festival adds spice to your life in Opelousas Louisiana

Music & Market every Friday in the spring & fall , Live Music & Dancing, Purchase Home grown products from locals

Also Check out the City Website

http://www.cityofopelousas.com/

Old 06-21-2009, 07:32 PM

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! The hugest Louisiana goodness news ever. Monroe, LA, let me say it again, Monroe, Louisiana, has landed one of the biggest employment deals the state has ever had. A new up and coming auto assembly company has secured a deal to open their very first assembly plant here in Monroe, Louisiana. V Vehicle Co. plans to start manufacturing a new line of cars that are suppose to be very low mileage cars. In doing so, it will create more than 3,000 jobs here in this area alone, as well as boost an already "on-the-rise" economy in Ouachita Parish. This is incredible news for Louisiana any way you look at it!!! So Louisiana Goodness let the good keep on getting good, I love it!!!!!

Old 06-21-2009, 07:38 PM

2,796 posts, read 6,874,027 times
That is really great news, LL. Hope everything keeps looking up for Monroe.

Old 06-21-2009, 09:17 PM

1,269 posts, read 2,178,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOUISIANA'SLEGEND View Post
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! The hugest Louisiana goodness news ever. Monroe, LA, let me say it again, Monroe, Louisiana, has landed one of the biggest employment deals the state has ever had. A new up and coming auto assembly company has secured a deal to open their very first assembly plant here in Monroe, Louisiana. V Vehicle Co. plans to start manufacturing a new line of cars that are suppose to be very low mileage cars. In doing so, it will create more than 3,000 jobs here in this area alone, as well as boost an already "on-the-rise" economy in Ouachita Parish. This is incredible news for Louisiana any way you look at it!!! So Louisiana Goodness let the good keep on getting good, I love it!!!!!
Wow great news!

Old 12-18-2009, 07:11 AM

Had to dig deep deep to bring this back........I was watching the news today and heard incredible news, in a recent national poll, Louisiana was named the NO. 1, thats right, number uno, in states where people were the happiest, aint that some?? New York was the least unhappiest state????

Old 12-18-2009, 09:53 AM

13,111 posts, read 25,479,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOUISIANA'SLEGEND View Post
Had to dig deep deep to bring this back........I was watching the news today and heard incredible news, in a recent national poll, Louisiana was named the NO. 1, thats right, number uno, in states where people were the happiest, aint that some?? New York was the least unhappiest state????

That's cause it's cold & crowded up here...lol..dam blizzard on it's way
But here is a link to that article LL

http://www.livescience.com/culture/0...tate-list.html

Old 12-18-2009, 07:31 PM

1,645 posts, read 3,260,916 times
I wasn't surprised by the results. People love to bash Louisiana and the South in general, but I've found Southerners to be the most hospitable people imaginable. Can't wait to go to Louisiana next weekend.

Kate, what are you doing in the Louisiana forum?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana