Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 02:30 AM

2,057 posts, read 5,326,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonreadhead View Post
Oh and, I love trains. I would like a house in the Historic District near the train tracks, preferably close enough to be able to watch them pass from my porch. I am not familiar enough with Lafayette to know if that possibility exists there.
t does exist, along the old Cameron street highway. Several small towns lie next to the railroad tracks and you can watch frequent trains go by.
Rayne, as Ive mentioned several times before, is a good place to start looking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2010, 05:02 AM

211 posts, read 566,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
You could look at other towns in the Lafayette Parish like Scott, Youngsville, and Carencro
Hey. I'll look all over - even in Lafayette itself. I'm coming this summer for an extended period to do some job hunting for the 2012 school year. I'll be in China teaching till July 2012.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innotech View Post
t does exist, along the old Cameron street highway. Several small towns lie next to the railroad tracks and you can watch frequent trains go by.
Rayne, as Ive mentioned several times before, is a good place to start looking.
Yes, I'll consider Rayne. I've actually stayed in a B&B there on my past two summer visits. I'm going to stay there again this summer when I'm there. The B&B is right on the BNSF mainline. If only I could move in there! Wait, I need to get a job first.

Scott

Old 10-19-2010, 07:36 AM

2,057 posts, read 5,326,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by houstonreadhead View Post
Hey. I'll look all over - even in Lafayette itself. I'm coming this summer for an extended period to do some job hunting for the 2012 school year. I'll be in China teaching till July 2012.

Yes, I'll consider Rayne. I've actually stayed in a B&B there on my past two summer visits. I'm going to stay there again this summer when I'm there. The B&B is right on the BNSF mainline. If only I could move in there! Wait, I need to get a job first.

Scott
Shouldnt be a problem to get one in Lafayette. Cameron Street goes right into the city and traffic is pretty light heading away from Rayne. You could always use the interstate too and get there quickly, and pick up some great food on your way Its not a bad place to live and the people are down to earth. OUt there is mostly some farmland and a few little businesses. ITs pretty peaceful.

Old 10-19-2010, 02:14 PM

3,071 posts, read 3,224,805 times
How is teaching in China? You liking it? I'd probably begin looking for jobs in the states when in the summer, you know maybe sign up w/ the LPSS, be in the list to sub until you can get a full time gig. Being a teacher, you'd know how it goes.

Last edited by pandorafan5687; 10-19-2010 at 02:26 PM..

Old 10-19-2010, 04:32 PM

211 posts, read 566,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innotech View Post
Shouldnt be a problem to get one in Lafayette. Cameron Street goes right into the city and traffic is pretty light heading away from Rayne. You could always use the interstate too and get there quickly, and pick up some great food on your way Its not a bad place to live and the people are down to earth. OUt there is mostly some farmland and a few little businesses. ITs pretty peaceful.
Yeah, I'm afraid I'll be eating too much of all that good food! I'll have to exercise some restraint. Or I guess, I could just exercise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
How is teaching in China? You liking it? I'd probably begin looking for jobs in the states when in the summer, you know maybe sign up w/ the LPSS, be in the list to sub until you can get a full time gig. Being a teacher, you'd know how it goes.
Teaching in China's fine. I'm not in a Chinese school, though. I'm working in a private school for foreign students.

As for finding a job, I've already got the wheels turning, though slowly. I'm trying to get in touch with key people, but LPSS' spam guard is very good. All my initial emails bounce back. So, either I have to fax or have a friend on the inside email my quarries so they can contact me. It's cumbersome.

Scott
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana