U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 03:39 PM

2,047 posts, read 4,676,507 times

Advertisements

it would be fantastic if they opened a new refinery in Louisiana somewhere. The ones in operation are at full capacity and its causing alot of problems.
Of course they will never do this and the result is stations running out of fuel because we cant get any product.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2009, 07:53 PM

378 posts, read 1,047,715 times
Running out of fuel? I haven't heard of this... where are you located Innotech?

I agree we need a few new refineries. It seems that I read somewhere recently though that there are no plans to build any new ones. Too bad, it would provide well-paying jobs and we really need those right now.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:15 PM

887 posts, read 2,707,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbean View Post
Running out of fuel? I haven't heard of this... where are you located Innotech?

I agree we need a few new refineries. It seems that I read somewhere recently though that there are no plans to build any new ones. Too bad, it would provide well-paying jobs and we really need those right now.
Supplies are great right now, indeed. The cost to build a new refinery is epic compared to just expanding current ones-- if it needs to be doen.

Old 06-24-2009, 08:34 AM

3 posts, read 5,977 times
Wink oilfield

my husband is doing good.He just recieved a raise.Although he is a captain.The name of the company he works for is Herculies Offshore.The last I heard they were hiring.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:17 PM

159 posts, read 512,365 times
things have been really slow for my hubby, he is a driver that delivers to the docks, land rigs, etc.. and it never did pick up.. but the big boss says that it is coming. But it sure is killing us his doing only a couple of loads a week. He has even started doing apps for OTR again.

Usually it picked up after tax time was over and stayed steady thru Oct or nov.. you get used to those big paychecks.. and wow what a sticker shock. We spent all of our savings during hurricane season last year.

Old 06-25-2009, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sellyourhomew/melissa View Post
my husband is doing good.He just recieved a raise.Although he is a captain.The name of the company he works for is Herculies Offshore.The last I heard they were hiring.
I hardly see how you can sell homes with that poor sentence structure, syntax, and grammar! Its OK, I make mistakes too. However, if you are conducting any form of real estate business on the forum, don't get rushed! Try to speak clearly!

I'm glad to see that your husband is doing well! I've heard of his company, in the Lafayette metro. A lot of companies in the upstream sector are hiring.

Even if you already have a college degree (even liberal arts) and want to try to get a good job, I'd seriously consider a 2-yr. Associates/Community College degree to get some of these jobs offshore. The hiring process is extensive but the money is pretty steady.

I hire a bunch of experienced workers in non-related fields and pay is around 14-22, depending on experience. People with associates/training and some college can make around 17 assuming they want to do some real work.

Also, the V Vehicle plant in Monroe will have some good work. I'd get into job training. Now! Consider getting an electrician's license or take the certified exam. I know a college student, who struggled to find a job, took a night course, passed the exam, and works for a local plant making what I believe to be more than $25/hour which is good for a General Studies degree!

Good luck to anyone hurting, in need of job, as well as your husband, Melissa. I hope you stick around the forums!

Old 06-28-2009, 11:39 AM

42 posts, read 304,001 times
My husband is in oil production in the Gulf. He works for Helix ESG, and their company is profiting and even starting new projects. We aren't at all worried about his job security. *knock on wood*

And good grief, I am a medical transcriptionist, so I know all about bad grammar/punctuation grating on your nerves, but TACT is a virtue.

Old 06-28-2009, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by becoming View Post
My husband is in oil production in the Gulf. He works for Helix ESG, and their company is profiting and even starting new projects. We aren't at all worried about his job security. *knock on wood*

And good grief, I am a medical transcriptionist, so I know all about bad grammar/punctuation grating on your nerves, but TACT is a virtue.
My post was nothing but class. Perhaps you should read it again to clear up your misunderstanding?

Last edited by LSU Tiger Z71; 06-28-2009 at 09:21 PM.. Reason: I pretty much sound like a douche on this one, I agree, but I'm not editing.

Old 06-29-2009, 09:55 AM

42 posts, read 304,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU Tiger Z71 View Post
I hardly see how you can sell homes with that poor sentence structure, syntax, and grammar!
The above is just mean, and you know it.

Old 06-29-2009, 02:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by becoming View Post
The above is just mean, and you know it.
I enjoy seeing how you believe it is your business, "becoming." You call me out on a very blunt, yes, but solid comment that applies to her situation. You take the one blunt sentence and seperate it from the rest. If anything I being helpful and courteous to Melissa and asked that you view the post again, I only assume you read the first sentence.

I do not know if you know this, but many realtors post on this forum, and if she wants the advantages of that, she should speak more clearly. I, as a prospective homebuyer, value the compentence of my realtor's grammar while conducting herself. I pointed out Ms. Mellisa's mistakes in her postings so that she could aware of it and might choose to structure her comments more appropiately if she chooses to do so in the future.

If Ms. Melissa's username had not been, "sellyourhomew/Melissa," no comment would have been made! I was simply pointing out that she needs to conduct official business on this forum with good grammar and spelling.

It is true that I cannot fathom how she sells homes unless she has a native language that is not English. It was not your business to call me out.

Ms. Melissa, I do hope you get to respond! I hope you're not offended by my statements.

Have a great day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana