U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2009, 06:43 AM

6 posts, read 11,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacalaitWhisperer View Post
At what point does the oil and gas industry stop raping the State of Louisiana?

I have witnessed the sins they have done. I have seen with my own eyes what the Seven Sisters have done to the marsh and the basin so
any attempt at being sanctimonious is futile. When does it stop? They just keep raping Mother Louisiana till this place looks like Haiti?

Seriously, when does it stop? When do the citizens say enough?

I guess a paycheck is more important to an individual but what is more important to your great grandkids?
Or do you not even care?

What gives? I don't get it. We live in paradise and stand by and watch the Seven Sister rape the place?
Isn't there something in the Bible about being a bad steward? Humans are stoopid, sometimes.

So, what do YOU do for a living?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2009, 07:46 PM

419 posts, read 1,779,249 times
Quote:
Originally poted by Innotech
it would be fantastic if they opened a new refinery in Louisiana somewhere. The ones in operation are at full capacity and its causing alot of problems.
Of course they will never do this and the result is stations running out of fuel because we cant get any product
Construction on the new Marathon expansion in Garyville is nearing completion.

Garyville Refinery Expansion (http://www.marathon.com/News/Features/Spotlight_Series/Garyville_Refinery_Expansion/ - broken link)

Old 08-26-2009, 09:05 AM

6 posts, read 10,186 times
My husband worked for Schlumberger for the last 6 yrs in wireline. The office he worked out of closed, then he went to work for another wireline company in the shreveport area, they were not getting any jobs, needless to say, he dont work there anymore either, but he has found a job (back in shreveport) working for a pressure control company, we are just praying this pans out. I just miss the stabilty of a steady job! I will pray for all of you guys that things pick up for yall as well!

Old 10-10-2009, 07:37 PM

3 posts, read 29,200 times
guys times are tuff right now. my husband has been looking for work since may. since he lost his job we had lost our house and a vehicle. he has been in the oilfield industry for 16 years. for those that are still layed off keep the faith. i know that work will pick back up i pray every night for gas prices to go up. i have never seen it this bad. but you have to think positive. even if you do lose your house and vehicle still think positive. girls if your husbands are like mine it will be a bumpy ride you need to stand by them. after a couple of weeks your husband will feel like the are worthless you must tell them different and show them that they can still do other things and that you need them. I to miss the stability of a job.

Old 10-14-2009, 07:59 PM

3 posts, read 4,428 times
Times are very hard for those men who have chosen the oil and gas field. my husband has not been there as long as some of you guys but we also have a little girl and he has been laid off since June. It is very scarey for us but I pray it gets better!!

Old 10-14-2009, 08:06 PM

3 posts, read 4,428 times
Hey my husband and I were told that Spartan Offshore out of Broussard,La is hiring. any word on this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana