Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 03:29 PM

42 posts, read 325,569 times

Advertisements

LSU Tiger, I responded to your PM. You have several spelling errors yourself in your above post, since we're picking each other apart. Just from a quick glance:

seperate = separate
compentence = competence
appropiately = appropriately
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2009, 06:11 PM

806 posts, read 2,959,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by becoming View Post
LSU Tiger, I responded to your PM. You have several spelling errors yourself in your above post, since we're picking each other apart. Just from a quick glance:

seperate = separate
compentence = competence
Spectacular job if I do say so myself.

I could argue further and say that I didn't pick you apart at all and how those mistakes are not related to this argument, but you'll see my PM.

Good job at just showing the grammar mistakes on the public forum as well as general mood your paragraph set. Its a good way to promote your side in a very blunt and very effective way. You've conducted yourself rather intelligently!

Words such as "just from a quick glance," indicate that there could be even more errors!

Way to go, becoming, way to go!

Last edited by LSU Tiger Z71; 06-29-2009 at 06:12 PM.. Reason: removed author's first name for privacy

Old 06-29-2009, 06:19 PM

806 posts, read 2,959,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by becoming View Post

seperate = separate
compentence = competence
Actually, those errors may be indicate of errors not related to typing! A mistyped word would be: sepparate. An error like "seperate" generally indicates that the original author does not know how to spell common words properly!

I do tend to spell phonetically, which leaves less obvious errors. The only real typing error is in the case of appropriately. I say COMP-EN-TENCE and I have the misfortune of accidently spelling it that way. What a curse!

Old 07-22-2009, 06:19 PM

2 posts, read 3,930 times
What a bbitch?

Old 07-23-2009, 08:44 PM

97 posts, read 285,492 times
Oilfield related work for my husband's company seems to be picking up this month. Same goes for my son's company.

Old 07-30-2009, 04:34 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,240,344 times
I managed to stay out of the Oil Patch my entire life. I watched friends go to work in the O&G industry because those were the jobs that were available, or the money... or whatever, and while I blame no man for what he does to feed his family (within the law) there is no way in Hades I would work for the Seven Sisters.

I like to sleep at night. That is the dirtiest most corrupt, polluting, chitass, p.h.uck'd up industry in the Universe.

Old 08-02-2009, 10:09 PM

6 posts, read 12,869 times
I'm in the oilfield trucking biz and work keeps sluffing off more and more all the time. It ain't lookin' good.

Old 08-03-2009, 03:13 AM

1,110 posts, read 2,240,344 times
At what point does the oil and gas industry stop raping the State of Louisiana?

I have witnessed the sins they have done. I have seen with my own eyes what the Seven Sisters have done to the marsh and the basin so
any attempt at being sanctimonious is futile. When does it stop? They just keep raping Mother Louisiana till this place looks like Haiti?

Seriously, when does it stop? When do the citizens say enough?

I guess a paycheck is more important to an individual but what is more important to your great grandkids?
Or do you not even care?

What gives? I don't get it. We live in paradise and stand by and watch the Seven Sister rape the place?
Isn't there something in the Bible about being a bad steward? Humans are stoopid, sometimes.

Old 08-03-2009, 08:24 PM

81 posts, read 295,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SacalaitWhisperer View Post
At what point does the oil and gas industry stop raping the State of Louisiana?

I have witnessed the sins they have done. I have seen with my own eyes what the Seven Sisters have done to the marsh and the basin so
any attempt at being sanctimonious is futile. When does it stop? They just keep raping Mother Louisiana till this place looks like Haiti?

Seriously, when does it stop? When do the citizens say enough?

I guess a paycheck is more important to an individual but what is more important to your great grandkids?
Or do you not even care?

What gives? I don't get it. We live in paradise and stand by and watch the Seven Sister rape the place?
Isn't there something in the Bible about being a bad steward? Humans are stoopid, sometimes.
What are you rambling about now, you paranoid, blabbering, Bible thumping, Wal-Mart boycotting, vinyl hugging buffoon?

Old 08-04-2009, 06:01 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,325,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanexplorer2009 View Post
What are you rambling about now, you paranoid, blabbering, Bible thumping, Wal-Mart boycotting, vinyl hugging buffoon?
Im trying to figure it out too.
what are the seven sisters? Is he referring to the manipulation of the coastline and the mississippi river for canal projects and drilling? If so he has a point, but at the same time the Atchafalaya delta is actually building new land south of the SPillway. Louisiana renews itself, if not where it used to, then in new areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana