Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2009, 11:40 AM

29 posts, read 106,502 times

Advertisements

HI,
My 3.5 years old has cerebral palsy and autism. We have moved to Lafayette recently. I heard some good things about Abilities"aim for success preschool." in Baton Rouge . So I thought we can live in Baton Rouge and commute back and forth daily for job but it does not seem possible as it is at 75 miles distance from abilities. We are now thinking of getting a house in Lafayette. I talked to Lafayette Parish school district. They said that I need to get house in the vicinity of the school in which I need to get admission for my child. I have heard that woodvale elementary and Prairie elementary are the best schools in town but are they equally good for special needs? Has anyone had any good experience with these preschools or any other preschools with special education? Please tell me as I need to finalize my housing soon in order to start his education. If the standard is not good enough, then we can still try to consider living in Baton Rouge as a last resort.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 06:38 PM

2,057 posts, read 5,298,027 times
My mother may be able to help with this. she substitutes at many schools in the area, sometimes even watching special ed classes on occasion. I will ask her what school might be best. I remember seeing classrooms in the schools I grew up in with special ed classrooms and they seemed pretty decent. I do not know what your criteria are for a good special education environment though, so again Ill ask someone who might have better experience with the subject.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:15 PM

29 posts, read 106,502 times
Default Thanks

Thank you so much. I would wait for your reply. I would call any school good which can bring about some good change in my son. I continued his therapies for many months but could not see any change. Then I changed the therapist and I could see some changes in a week's time. Children have the potential to learn. Its up to us to teach them. I really hope he finds a great school and a great teacher.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana