Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2009, 04:43 PM

8 posts, read 13,369 times

Advertisements

As someone who was brought up here in Lake Charles area , born and bred, the flesh n blood Cajun french female I am, with her children, I have seen the difference in this place which has been a complete turnaround the last 45 years.

I am surprised how when good, people like ourselves try to drive down the street, some of the drivers have followed too close behind us, when we have motioned for them to stay away. Then it gets worse like we are trying to do them something. No actually it is people like us who pay for our cars and we have to work for our things, we don't want it torn up. I hope who reads this might can see where I am coming from? We take care of our possessions. I do not know about other people from this place, how you would feel about your cars and people following too close?

We as residents from this area have been appalled, aggravated that we cannot simply drive down the road to take care of our affairs each day. I have put my head on my head shaking in disbelief, saying this is totally nonsense when drivers have done this to us. I just feel that when this happens, in my opinion it is like they are not right in the head.

I do not understand why some drivers do not understand how it can be costly to other people if something would happen to our cars? I had a wreck once, not even my fault and I got hurt really bad and never once went to the doctor for medical costs. . Because I always believed in taking care of myself and if I did have to go, I would of paid it. We pay our way in society.

Of course, insurance companies might pay for the cosmetic repairs to our cars, but when that is said and done, we are left with the after facts right? In my opinion, I have witnessed 2 cars of mine go down a year when I wasn't at fault. I am no mechanic, but have seen this, when my last car completely went out from things, I had to give it away and loose money on it after paying the repairs after the damages internally. then to give it away, after paying it off. I never received anything for it, since I was unemployed. What about us who are trying to find work and if another car gets damaged of mine.? I think I made my point.

Another thing what about the attitudes here? We are tired of people following too close and yelling at us like we are dogs. We are human beings and deserve respect and courteousness from others. We give it to others and are good souls, just trying to put or lives back together since the death of my spouse. We are looking for employment and when something comes good, we will leave this place and state.

Old 06-03-2009, 03:21 AM

From my experience, I won't buy anything nice again a car/truck, because it won't last long. Me and my children have tried to better ourselves here in all kinds of ways, but you know how that goes, because we found ourselves back to square one again from your education you have earned to find it ripped away how your hands one day, to other things that have been serious, that I will not mention. Good people like ourselves have tried to do what is right in life to find that what you have worked for and long hours in something you loved doing, will not account for anything in your future. Maybe I am wrong, it has not happen to others, but it has happen to us so many times here in our home city. I am sorry to say, but me and my children are expressing the sadness we have felt to find that you cannot get ahead here any longer. We will work continue to work more on leaving.

Old 06-03-2009, 05:09 PM

81 posts, read 295,108 times
When you find the pot of gold at the other end of the rainbow, you let us all know. Don't run away thinking things will be better somewhere else, because as they say, "the grass is always greener". I understand your frustration, but I fear you will go somewhere else thinking it will be better and only find yourself in the same situation all over again.

Old 06-03-2009, 06:46 PM

I do not expect an answer to my post. These circumstances happen to me and my children. What each of us do with our own lives in each city, including my home place, does not reflect how you live. This place could be good for the next person, but not for us. Everyone one is different. Some people fit in here a lot better than others, we no longer do. Hope whomever reads this, these are situations, might not happen to the next person. We feel that we could do better with new lives, jobs else place.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:59 PM

81 posts, read 295,108 times
Okay whatever, you're making no sense to me.

Best of luck. Bon voyage!

Old 06-04-2009, 10:09 PM

947 posts, read 2,399,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanexplorer2009 View Post
When you find the pot of gold at the other end of the rainbow, you let us all know. Don't run away thinking things will be better somewhere else, because as they say, "the grass is always greener". I understand your frustration, but I fear you will go somewhere else thinking it will be better and only find yourself in the same situation all over again.
I agree. People drive like this everywhere. I have lived in many places and it is there too. I feel you might get disappointed to realize that this poster Urban is right!

Old 06-04-2009, 10:48 PM

4,678 posts, read 9,892,011 times
Much like family values and things of that sort, Parents today just aren't instilling the values of hard work and earning things. Also, Parents today don't teach their children how to drive and damn near every kid on the road thinks their invincible and drive VERY aggressive.

Old 06-05-2009, 01:39 AM

I guess my whole concept, about the article here is not running away from problems or bad drivers. I should had mention more.. I appreciate all your generous replies. My article was not to offend anyone and I have been out-of-state, and have witnessed a lot of incompetent ..... , not that I am perfect or my family in driving. Wrecks can happen in all kinds of cases. But I guess what I was trying to mention good folks, that responded back to me, is that probably the moral of the story; I guess that when you have had the death of a spouse as I am sure everyone has experienced tough times, you have to understand that, we have hit rock bottom since his death. We've haven't had the best of times here, trying to recover and getting on our feet. It has been hard and rough. We haven't had any friends, or family to rely on. We are not anything special, but just trying ou

It is enough for us to take care of our own selves without having to pay for other's incompetent damages to our cars, if happens and hope it doesn't again. As I am sure if you would have been in our place, you wouldn't want to spend you money on wrecked cars, come to find in one year cvc shafts busted, more damages internally to having to that pay car off, you have to give it to someone who is now driving a good car. I couldn't afford to keep. That is alot for a widowed lady like myself to deal with , please understand. I was never raised like that or my children.

I am sorry but I pay my for things like you all do and the bottom line is we all work hard and I take care of my possessions and do respect other people as well.

Actually, as far as leaving, my whole concept is that I need employment, and I am sure it might be different for some, you might have jobs or some might not, especialy right now. But we felt that a new start would of been good for us as for as other things, from bad memories from his death. We have been researching good places to go to, try and make a new start. That is all, and I do agree with the gentlemen for TN. Again, thanks for your replies.

Old 06-05-2009, 01:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNRyan23 View Post
Much like family values and things of that sort, Parents today just aren't instilling the values of hard work and earning things. Also, Parents today don't teach their children how to drive and damn near every kid on the road thinks their invincible and drive VERY aggressive.
I want to thank you for understanding my post. I am new here, posting a article, actually I feel guilty staying on here when I need to study and get on my feet in finding work. I liked your article very much, it hit on the dot. I've tried raising my children with the same values in working hard for your things and respecting other people in everyday life. I can trust the fact that when my kids get behind the wheel of one of my cars, at least I will know that they will know what is expected of them and how to act.

Old 06-05-2009, 03:14 AM

Also, I will not be writing much or staying here any longer Do not want to offend people, but if you like to post, more than welcome to. But please be respectful. I stated my point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana