Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2009, 10:45 AM

2,057 posts, read 5,301,752 times

Advertisements

Southern La is very different from therest of the state and from the US and you know, I like it that way.
I enjoy living in a place with so much history and culture, with an identity that is its own and without borrowing from neighboring regions. We have our own food, our own music, our own form of the French language. you come down here and really feel like youve stepped into a different country in some ways.

Old 11-08-2009, 01:54 PM

420 posts, read 473,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroBTR View Post
Way to take the words right out of my mouth! I could kiss you (but won't)

Nuff said.
Oh Please.....you folks are just as bias as I am, leeching upon your respected areas....but its all good. The thing is, you people have a strong S. Louisiana presence on here, to add to that there are others who are just fond of the S. Louisiana areas and dont know about my N. Louisiana. The worst is there are people who are from and love this area((N. LA) but are scared to go against the grain like me and say, hay, North Louisiana that rivals So. Louisiana. They dont say because just like all the other people who like in areas that arent well known........Guess thats why im the LEGEND!! But you know what, theres always an up and coming area............and here we come!! N. Louisiana. So I'll retreat on this arguement, but I am Legend, I am Monroe, I am North Louisiana, I am Louisiana!!! I shall return.

Old 11-08-2009, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innotech View Post
Southern La is very different from therest of the state and from the US and you know, I like it that way.
I enjoy living in a place with so much history and culture, with an identity that is its own and without borrowing from neighboring regions. We have our own food, our own music, our own form of the French language. you come down here and really feel like youve stepped into a different country in some ways.
..........and i never doubted that but........all I was saying was we(North Louisiana) relate more to the rest of the united states, thus making us more modern. We are more future tense up here, during this recession big corporation see that "higher urban areas" are dwindling away and the smarter thing to do is move to maybe "lower urban areas" with potential. North Louisiana has the land, the universities, the sponginess to absorb any new cultures, the infrastructure, out of state near by power houses as well and lower state ones too. Put all that against hurricane sensitive areas, people who are stubborn in culture(which is a good thing), already established areas that has to limit and be selective on future projects in improving the city.....Come on now.....Tell the truth....N. Lousiana has to win in that situation???

Man whatever happened to SBCMETROGUY????? i need his help

Wateva............ yea, yea, yea,...Lafayette is cute. blah, blah,blah. But Shreveport is gangsta. Cute built cities like Biloxi, but gangstas built Chicago!!

Dont quote me either!!!! lol.

Old 11-08-2009, 06:35 PM

1,734 posts, read 5,665,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LOUISIANA'SLEGEND View Post
Oh Please.....you folks are just as bias as I am, leeching upon your respected areas....but its all good. The thing is, you people have a strong S. Louisiana presence on here, to add to that there are others who are just fond of the S. Louisiana areas and dont know about my N. Louisiana. The worst is there are people who are from and love this area((N. LA) but are scared to go against the grain like me and say, hay, North Louisiana that rivals So. Louisiana. They dont say because just like all the other people who like in areas that arent well known........Guess thats why im the LEGEND!! But you know what, theres always an up and coming area............and here we come!! N. Louisiana. So I'll retreat on this arguement, but I am Legend, I am Monroe, I am North Louisiana, I am Louisiana!!! I shall return.
^^This is Louisiana'sLegend's way of admitting he was wrong.

South Louisianians never come on City-Data and start bashing North Louisiana like you come on here and and you poke and prod and then when we give you what you deserve, you create an excuse like this.

Old 11-08-2009, 09:02 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,443,165 times
High five MetroBTR!

Old 11-08-2009, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
High five MetroBTR!
.......at least we won't see the hurricane up here

Old 11-08-2009, 11:43 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,443,165 times
It's all cool, much love to North Louisiana.
Got my boat, a 6 pack and dem Saints dey on a roll!

WHO DAT!

Old 11-09-2009, 12:29 AM

2,171 posts, read 7,635,318 times
That's a good note to close the thread on. Stay dry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana