Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 10:09 PM

474 posts, read 1,416,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tylinda View Post
All of you all. get over it. There are issue in every town you live or visit. Nowhere is Perfect and perhaps you all need to focus on the positive and not so much on the negative. As most of you all stated not ALL people are rude. anyways New Orleans folks haven't made that much of a difference. New Orleans was one of the most visited cities in Louisiana. There were always events that people would return to time after time. We didn't hear anything about them being rude then. So, get over it and focus on something else. And as far as the shopping carts in wal-mart parking lot, please. There are carts in every store's parking lot. Why just pick on walmart. If you want to make a difference, get a job at wal-mart and help keep the basket organized. That is not a sign of anything, except maybe they need more custodian workers!
Whoa! I thought the purpose of a forum was for EVERYONE to express their opinions! I would not have brought this up except for your attitude. BUT when we attended the World's Fair in New Orleans - 1984 - WELL, let's just say we have felt safer in New York City.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2008, 10:29 PM

369 posts, read 1,638,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex2La View Post
I moved to the Pineville, La area just recently from Texas. Some things here that I've noticed and that bother me are the following:

-Seems the words "Yes Ma'am, Yes Sir, Excuse me, Thank you, and You're welcome" are foreign words here. People bump into you at the store, I say "Excuse Me" in a polite way and they don't say anything and look at me like I'm crazy or something. I've been here for a few months now and have only seen 3 or 4 times that someone used any manners. (I heard that all of the evacuees from Hurricane Katrina that came here may have drained everyone's hospitality).

-I see men walk into stores and just let the door shut in the person's face right behind them, sometimes their own wife.

-Seems to be a law here that keeps people that are driving slow from pulling off onto the shoulder to let people pass. Also prevents people from pulling onto the shoulder when making turns off of highways. I mean people actually stop in the highway to make turns! You will get killed "rear ended" in Texas doing this. Please someone change this ridiculous law!

I'm not trying to run down this area, just trying to help improve and make a friendlier place.
I was driving between Houston and Temple Texas one day and I thought it was the weirdest thing the way people pulled onto the shoulder to have other people pass. I actually pissed me off a few times because I did not have intentions of going faster than the person, so I decided not to pass them and opted to just let them drive on the shoulder until they got the idea. One reason this does not happen in Louisiana is because the word "shoulder" is virtually unknown here. I thought you said you lived here now, haven't you seen the roads?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana