U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2010, 10:32 AM

2,178 posts, read 8,734,496 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Don't worry they made 27 billion dollars in profit last year or 37, doubt this will put them out of business. So far the CEO of BP has said that his company is taking full responsibility for the spill and that they will fully clean up the entire spill and pay off any legitimate claims, guess we will see how it all plays out, a local politician was asking why all the executives are coming out of houston when all the drilling is being done in Louisiana. There are many unanswered questions. Wonder how all this would be playing out if it would have happened off the Texas or California coast. Guaranteed when the slick washes up on Florida's panhandle coast the shi! will hit the fan. No wonder ther dumping so much disperson on it at least keep the oil in Louisiana for God's sake.
So, I am wondering when there are massive lay offs on the Mississippi River because access to the gulf is closed and the products can not come in or go out from there, is BP going to pay US for lost wages? There are thousand & thousands of people that live from Minnesota to the Gulf of Mexico that work on that river and on the banks. That alone would break them.

I am not being selfish or narrow minded. The impact on Mother Earth is what really worries me to death. I doubt any of us will live long enough to see her recover from this.

What REALLY chaps my hide is that ANYWHERE along the way that lead to this happening, all it would have taken is ONE person to step up and stop it. There were SO many failures that lead to this happening. To many blunders were made and ignored. (like that gasket on that blow out safety thing being chewed up because they did something ELSE wrong and one guy told the other to just ignore it that it wouldn't hurt anything..Without that gasket, the leak wouldn't have been cut off IF it worked and it wouldn't have because there was something wrong with one of the batteries that operated it and that too, was ignored.... forgot where I saw that or I would post a link back to it)

BP will NOT have enough money to cover this or the long term effects of it, I doubt there is enough money on earth to cover it. We ALL are going to pay the consequences of this happening and for generations to come.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2010, 11:41 AM

14,444 posts, read 20,027,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nan5623 View Post
WTH??
When CBS tried to film a beach with heavy oil on the shore in South Pass, Louisiana, a boat of BP contractors, and two Coast Guard officers, told them to turn around, or be arrested.
"This is BP's rules, it's not ours," someone aboard the boat said. Coast Guard officials told CBS that they're looking into it.
As the Coast Guard is a branch of the Armed Forces, it brings into question how closely the government and BP are working together to keep details of the disaster in the dark.
Hold the phone...BP is making the rules???? Kind of hard to argue that we aren't a full-blown corporatocracy, when BP--that's British Petroleum--is leading the United States Coast Guard on this--and this is okay with a branch of our armed forces.
I think i would have let them arrest me and then put it on the news and let them talk then . this makes me sick cause it shows how the bp officials and the government are in cahoots together . so now bp can tell the government what to do ?

Old 05-21-2010, 01:02 PM

8,536 posts, read 6,565,899 times
I'm with you phonelady61. Let them speak. They had a right to be there, BP doesn't own that land. I'm really surprised in the Coast Guard tho!

Old 05-21-2010, 04:31 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,442,173 times
Louisiana is on the verge of losing it's salt water marsh treasure in a most horrible way. It makes me wana puke. What a bunch of incompetant fools we had drilling massive oil wells off our coast, this will be way worse than Katrina in the long run.

Old 05-22-2010, 01:09 PM

2,049 posts, read 4,711,445 times
Grand Isle beaches are closed. Our family vacation is ruined basically. Guess we are going to go somewhere in Arkansas instead. I do like the Ozark mountains. I really hope Grand Isle recovers.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:17 PM

1,000's of oil soaked brown pelicans, course you can't get to them to help them as they can still fly away, barely. These majestic bird's will be dead in a few day's, as BP misses deadline after deadline on taking responsibilty for this spill, it's a pitifull situation.

Old 05-23-2010, 08:54 PM

5,706 posts, read 8,388,329 times
BP and the government have failed the Gulf in a miserable way. Louisiana should've told the feds weeks ago to go F themselves and starting work on saving this unique ecosystem.

Its a tragic mess that didn't need to happen. But, so long as money controls Washington, you can expect more of this to take place.

Last edited by RedJacket; 05-23-2010 at 09:28 PM..

Old 05-23-2010, 09:38 PM

Yep. like a local politician said, BP has decided to let us get wiped out, then try a bullshi! cleanup then bailout. SCUM

Old 05-24-2010, 05:59 AM

13,119 posts, read 25,641,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by think first View Post
BP and the government have failed the Gulf in a miserable way. Louisiana should've told the feds weeks ago to go F themselves and starting work on saving this unique ecosystem.

Its a tragic mess that didn't need to happen. But, so long as money controls Washington, you can expect more of this to take place.
Agree....This is a dam travesty and it will take decades and decades to even remotely recover from this....

Old 05-24-2010, 07:26 AM

8,536 posts, read 6,565,899 times
BP = British Polluters
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or