Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2007, 11:02 PM

1 posts, read 3,426 times

Advertisements

DELCAMBRE, La. - Saggy Pants Prohibition is GREAT!

I hope it takes off and goes nationwide. I'm sick of looking at all the ridiculous looking saggy pants falling down everywhere. It's like people don't even have good sense to know that oversized clothing that restricts your movements and makes you walk and stand funny just doesn't make any sense. Its a fad that participants will look back on years from now and see how silly it was after all. Thank you for standing up to put an end to it in your city.

Old 06-14-2007, 10:32 AM

1 posts, read 3,408 times
Default baggy pants

I can not understand how you can lock someone up for showing there underwear. I have and should have the right to walk around in just my underwear if I want. What's next your are going to outlaw bathing suits. This is a classic example of governments taking away our fundamental rights. People should not stand for this. I can see making kids not wear baggie pants in school or court rooms, but out in public is outlandish. I am glad I do not live in your town and I guarantee I will never spend any of my vacation time anywhere near you people.

Old 06-14-2007, 11:29 AM

144 posts, read 744,110 times
I HATE HATE HATE saggy pants and then the ban is ridiculous. I expect some court will strike it down anyway. What is going through peoples' minds?

I like baggy hippy tops. They are, admittedly, not attractive but comfortable for me. Anybody going to tell me I shouldn't wear them because it restricts the movement of my arms and looks ridiculous? Anybody? Anybody?

I have a larger problem with people who don't shower regularly, who smell. They really infringe on my civil liberty of a pleasant shopping experience. Can we get a ban there?

Old 06-14-2007, 12:32 PM

2,915 posts, read 3,514,571 times
Though I think it is a completely stupid looking fashion and wish it would go away, I guess it shoudn't be "banned" necesarily. There are places like some restaurants and such that have dress codes and I agree with those. The fashion originated in the 80's and is modeled after jail inmates who are not allowed to have a belt. If these kids want to emulate criminals and embrace crappy thug culture preached by those idiot rappers and record execs, then we really need an overall major increase of involvement by family, not just a narrow ban of an admittedly ugly looking fashion!

Old 06-14-2007, 03:33 PM
Caa

940 posts, read 2,488,603 times
Default agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetclimber View Post
Though I think it is a completely stupid looking fashion and wish it would go away, I guess it shoudn't be "banned" necesarily. There are places like some restaurants and such that have dress codes and I agree with those. The fashion originated in the 80's and is modeled after jail inmates who are not allowed to have a belt. If these kids want to emulate criminals and embrace crappy thug culture preached by those idiot rappers and record execs, then we really need an overall major increase of involvement by family, not just a narrow ban of an admittedly ugly looking fashion!
I did not hear about the ban, but agree that something had to be done. I am all for no saggy pants in schools etc, but every other freedom we had is slowly being taken away, then why not saggy pants as well? I hate the look nad feel it is a step down for kids who come from decent backgrounds. I hope a new look that is better comes along soon. I hate the ghetto style and I have heard it is kinds going out anyway!

Old 06-14-2007, 05:18 PM

2,079 posts, read 4,950,357 times
Personally, I would rather be around someone in baggy pants than someone in Gothic, looking like the Son of Satan with all black hair, nails, pierced nose, lips, satanic tattoos and demonic chains around their neck.

They need to outlaw this look too.

Old 07-04-2007, 05:45 PM

3 posts, read 14,267 times
What's interesting is that some of these kids are showing up in physical therapy with musculoskeletal abnormalities due to the way they have to walk to keep the pants up!! (My wife is a 15-year PT and has treated two of these kids personally.)
I say don't ban it. America is freedom, let them be free to ruin their hip joints! More wheelchair sales for me in the future!! LOL!

Old 07-04-2007, 10:17 PM

1,127 posts, read 5,008,012 times
Lol, baggy pants are the police officer's best friend. I actually saw a foot chase where the young man's pants tripped him up and kerplunk, he went down.

Old 03-23-2008, 11:18 PM

20 posts, read 61,318 times
Default Baggy Pants

This is one of the reasons why I don't live in Louisiana anymore. People cheer about banning pants hanging low and remain completely FREAKIN' silent when kids hang nooses from trees. Then have the nerve to say, "Well hangin nooses is free speech, it aint harmin nobody" If anyone wants to get a good since of what Louisiana is like outside of New Orleans and Lafayette juts think about the above viewpoints.

Not to belittle other people's feelings. I respect them. Just as people ask for respect to hang their nooses and confederate flags.

Louisiana is much more than old South I should add, we have really great culture.

-MUER-

Old 03-24-2008, 06:21 PM

5,981 posts, read 18,264,452 times
MODERATOR: Okay - so the ban was in LA but I really can't say the conversation is and it is headed south in a big hurry. Thread closed. It can be restarted in the general forum if you'd like.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana