Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2010, 12:03 PM

1,837 posts, read 4,354,687 times

Advertisements

How N.O. people feel is NOT the issue . Shopping centers , malls , sidewalks , history , etc. are NOT the issue . YOU claiming to know how 250,000 people feel about N.O. is the issue . And you still haven't backed up your OPINION with FACTS . What you have done succesfuly is muddy the waters . It's what people do when they can't support their position . I'm on to it though . Still waiting , little lady .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2010, 12:39 PM

640 posts, read 1,226,083 times
And I'm on to you, old timer. You are 52 years old. You probably live in some horrible place like Denham Springs. You probably know nothing about your city, which is why you won't defend it. You keep saying your trying to get my to say how I can know how 250,000 people think. Like I have said, people live where they want to live. It is pretty damn safe to say that people in New York City enjoy skyscrapers, dense living, etc. It's pretty safe to say that people in Miami enjoy beaches, palm trees, latin culture, etc. Don't you get it? Obviously, I haven't interviewed 250,000 people on the issue. No one has. But, you can tell a whole lot about a population by what's there. And, Baton Rouge tells me that its population is a culture-less, country hick, bland American city with absolutely no class. There. That is my opinion. I don't have to back that up because that's my opinion. And, Baton Rouge people hate NO because we get all the glory. There is no fact to back that up. It's my opinion. This is a forum. We exchange thoughts and opinions. I hate people like you who think that because you're 500 years old or whatever that little old college student doesn't know anything. Well, guess what? I'm the one getting a degree. I'm the one using my brain every day. You are the one who probably didn't finish college.

Oh, and people also just complain that the other person doesn't know what they're talking about when they can't form an opinion on the matter or defend their idea.

Old 10-23-2010, 01:41 PM

59 posts, read 56,635 times
There really isn't much debate going on. I think we all understand Baton Rouge will never be New Orleans. It simply was designed differently. Baton Rouge was NOT designed to be a major American city. It is not designed to have Fortune 500 companies everywhere, tall buildings, or walkable neighborhoods. I do give BR credit for doing what the people want. People here don't want those things so the city/state doesn't provide for them.

When out of towners come to Louisiana, I think it's fair to say that 90% are coming to New Orleans. Other than Baton Rouge being the Capitol city and having the flagship univeristy (without some professional schools which are in New Orleans), there really is not much going on here.

This makes Baton Rouge anywhere USA.

Old 10-23-2010, 01:48 PM

More incorrect assumptions , little lady . Oh , and the part about " no fact to back that up " , that's what I've been saying all along . You finally admitted it . Thanks for playing though . It's been fun .

Old 10-23-2010, 03:19 PM

640 posts, read 1,226,083 times
by the way...im a man...so i dont really get the "little lady" thing

Old 10-23-2010, 04:44 PM

Baton Rouge does need some serious infrastructure improvements or it will continue to be unable to attract companies here to do business. Better roads, more sidewalks, more public transit. Just my two cents.

Old 10-23-2010, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bntbr12 View Post
Baton Rouge does need some serious infrastructure improvements or it will continue to be unable to attract companies here to do business. Better roads, more sidewalks, more public transit. Just my two cents.
I agree .

Old 10-23-2010, 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcp11889 View Post
by the way...im a man...so i dont really get the "little lady" thing
You argue like a woman .

Old 10-23-2010, 05:57 PM

It seems the majority of people are for these improvements so I am wondering why the city does not appropriate funds for this purpose?

Old 10-23-2010, 07:56 PM

The pie is divided up into too many pieces . Politics dictate priorities in a lot of cases . When you try to please too many different segments of the population , all will suffer ( except for the politicians of course ) .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana