Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2008, 08:28 PM

5 posts, read 60,118 times

Advertisements

We are relocating to NE Louisiana, and I'm wondering about United-Bilt homes. We don't have this company where I live currently, and I'm curious of others' experience in building a home with them (good or bad!).

Thanks

Old 10-10-2009, 08:22 PM

8 posts, read 46,766 times
We are considering about building a house in the Thibodaux area, and are considering Unted Bilt Homes, but after reading this i'm reluctant about this company. But then, where can i find a good legitimate company that gets the job done well?

Old 10-11-2009, 04:53 PM

19 posts, read 119,391 times
They are just glorified mobile homes...period.

What part of NE Louisiana are you looking at? I am in the West Monroe area and there are a few (and a mean a few) good contractors here that can get you a home built. Just look into their credentials and ask for a few people they have built houses for and contact them for references.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:55 PM

2 posts, read 57,618 times
would you recommend going with united built, or getting a modular type house from someplace like tillys in bossier, the inside of their triple wide southern energy homes look really nice.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:57 PM

2 posts, read 57,618 times
would your recommend going with united built, or getting a modular type house from someplace like tillys in bossier, the inside of their triple wides southern energy homes look really nice.

Old 05-19-2010, 06:47 AM

42 posts, read 325,548 times
cmac, we were ready to build the house. Had the plan right in front of him. Told him exactly what we wanted. He could not even give us an estimate within $50,000 of what the house would cost to build. That's not normal. He was either a poorly informed salesman with no knowledge whatsoever of the cost to build with his own company, or he didn't want us to know how much it would cost... which is nuts, seeing as how we weren't going to start building a house with a company without knowing how much it would be in the end!?? We're about to build a "real" house now, & any other builder on earth will estimate for you how much the house will cost based on your home plans. That's the way it works.

Old 06-01-2010, 10:23 PM

1 posts, read 33,480 times
I have talked to several Finance companies. The first, BOA, was the one that said they would finance my place after it was built but then backed out. Wells Fargo was suggested by United Bilt later and they too said they could not do it. Many refuse because of the acreage some because there are multiple buildings on the land though that seems like an excuse to me. Especially since BOA used that one after telling me it was not an issue in the beginning. Then of course last I checked I'd need to come up with some serious money to close with what the place last appraised at.

As for having you help me, this morning I noticed the paint is coming off the nails in my vaulted ceiling plus the county devalued my place another 35K (area wide drop not just my place) so it is being to look like my best best is to just short sell the place and cut my losses.

Old 06-25-2010, 07:48 AM

1 posts, read 24,922 times
I first started off looking at double wides after being told by a few people that they do not hold there value like a home I started looking at homes to be built. I have heard that it would cost from $90 to $130 a square foot to build a house. That is crazy, I am going to look at UBH to see what they have to offer. What are some things to look at that would caution me not to buy?

Old 06-25-2010, 08:37 AM

2 posts, read 38,153 times
where are you going to build your house?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Louisiana