Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: OPinion of UL
Positive 10 66.67%
Negative 1 6.67%
Meh 4 26.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2007, 09:34 AM

1,448 posts, read 4,791,331 times

Advertisements

I think emanresu summed this up pretty well. UL is a good choice if you want to practice in a small or medium sized firm in Louisville. It does seems like UL has a slightly more slanted approach towards the practical part of the law, but no law school really does a good job of that, imo.

He's also right about the new Dean at UL. There is a real buzz about him, so we'll see if it pans out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2007, 02:23 PM

3,982 posts, read 10,460,647 times
and hows the dating scene in Louisville for those in their 30's?

Old 06-20-2007, 04:01 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,740,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblue View Post
and hows the dating scene in Louisville for those in their 30's?
I would say average. Not as good as larger cities like Chicago or Atlanta, but certainly on level and possibly better than some other nearby cities like Indianapolis. I think if you can't find a date in any metro larger than 1 million (Louisville is 1.3 million), you are probably not trying hard enough. I agree it can be tough in rural towns or college towns where there are not a lot of well educated single adults. There are bars and restuarants where those in their 30's frequent in Louisville and other activities you can join. Some people would rather meet their date at a bar, while others find it easier to meet people by volunteering in a field that interests them. Or if you are into art or sports, you can meet someone at one of those events. Louisville has about every possible club or organization you can think of, from a French club to a Flamingo club to a rugby club.

All in all, people in Louisville are generally much more friendly than what I have seen in other very large cities, but it can also be a bit "tighter knit" because more people know each other. Some locals may be inclined to ask where you grew up in the city or where you went to high school. Some people who move here take that the wrong way and they don't like it, but you have to realize the people here are just super friendly and laid back for the most part.

Old 07-27-2007, 02:23 PM

In Old Louisville, do any of the places for rent have washers/dryers/dishwashers, or is that just dreaming?

Old 07-27-2007, 05:24 PM

508 posts, read 1,512,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblue View Post
Whatcha think? its on my short list for law school...
Depends on your motives. If you want to make huge sums of money and work disgusting hours at the same time, go to a top tier 1 law school. If you have other aspirations, go to the best school for the price. In the case of the latter, so long as you pass the ultimate benchmark - the bar - does it matter?

Old 07-28-2007, 08:05 AM

not to me. im not looking at the big firms anyway...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
View detailed profiles of: