Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2010, 05:54 PM

101 posts, read 194,610 times

Advertisements

Price not an issue, prefer upscale-- townhomes, duplexes, condos or apartment homes. Prefer not to be in Louisville as it would be a bit too far to kids school. Can anyone help me with a good list?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2010, 06:26 PM

26,680 posts, read 41,537,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meintennessee View Post
Price not an issue, prefer upscale-- townhomes, duplexes, condos or apartment homes. Prefer not to be in Louisville as it would be a bit too far to kids school. Can anyone help me with a good list?
There is a nice complex behind the Towne Mall off Towne Dr. I have no clue what the name is.

Old 07-17-2010, 08:48 AM

206 posts, read 342,680 times
Somehow E-town and upscale seem like polar opposites. Are you part of BRAC? I'm living in Louisville and I think its GREAT!

Old 07-17-2010, 09:50 AM

26,680 posts, read 41,537,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katolb90 View Post
Somehow E-town and upscale seem like polar opposites. Are you part of BRAC? I'm living in Louisville and I think its GREAT!
When you live near the Vine Grove/Radcliff border like I do, E-town seems upscale. Her problem is distance.

Old 07-17-2010, 10:21 PM

101 posts, read 194,610 times
LOL! Well, when you are coming from the hills of E Tennessee, E-Town IS upscale!
Seriously, I was born and raised in NYC, lived in Dallas Texas, Cali, Florida, New Orleans and Memphis--- and for the last year we've been living in a tiny town with the nearest Mall an hour away. So when we visited E-Town for the first time, I was in heaven. I suppose when I get over to Louisville I will pass out.

Anyway, our kids will be in an E-Town private school, so Louisville is quite a drive.
We are DOD civilians with the HRC at Ft Knox by the way.

Old 02-08-2011, 07:37 AM

4 posts, read 9,149 times
Hi meintennesse

My husband might get a DOD Civilian job there. What city did you move too and do you like it there ? I'm originally from NYC too and don't miss much about it besides family and shopping. How are the benefits for DOD Civilians there ? Do you see any mixed families there ? I figure you might.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
View detailed profiles of: