Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2010, 02:12 PM

40 posts, read 93,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePoint502 View Post
The OP clearly didn't want to have a serious conversation or he wouldn't have made the title of his thread to be so idiotic.

It's like going to a gay message board and saying "YOU GAY LIMPWRISTED F*GS SHOULD BE KILLED"

Then getting upset when people take offense.

Now, I would be 'offended,' but you've obviously never been to Louisville if you even assume that the city is a bunch of hicks. If you carry that attitude that people dislike your for being black and gay, people will probably dislike you though. And it doesn't matter where you live.

And this isn't the deep south, bro. If you want reminders of racism at every corner, move to South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama or Mississippi.
its obvious that you havent read anything that ive posted and if you have you missed the the point... And by the way i grew up in south Georgia
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2010, 02:53 PM

6,367 posts, read 16,873,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cityKING28 View Post
LOL!!! Really?
That's what your sensitive remark reminded me of, a name callin' Pee Wee

Old 08-03-2010, 02:56 PM

40 posts, read 93,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
That's what your sensitive remark reminded me of, a name callin' Pee Wee
Really? ive never been compared to PeeWee before... so whats the point?

Old 08-03-2010, 05:47 PM

46 posts, read 111,292 times
Quote:
I posted a thread titled White Trash EPICENTER!!!(brilliant) and it was deleted because it was "racial", but if you took the time to read my post i clearly explained the title and the post wasnt offensive at all, but yet it was deleted. I made it very clear in my responses the type of conversation i wanted in my thread, but still it was deleted. I just cant win...BUT!!! i still wanna know more about Louisville. once again im black, gay, and i have an MBA and i wanna know about the job market in the area... Based on a couple of the responses from my previous threads and the fact that it had to be deleted, im startin to think this isnt the place for me, but i still would like a little info... THANX
I thought it was a funny and effective title!! ...but its not pc!!!!

Old 08-03-2010, 06:19 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
I was going to try to offer some decent advice. But with this attitude I'd suggest you not move here.

With that last thread that title was asking for trouble and you got what you asked for.

Old 08-03-2010, 06:59 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,744,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
I was going to try to offer some decent advice. But with this attitude I'd suggest you not move here.

With that last thread that title was asking for trouble and you got what you asked for.
Why would someone not move to a city based on some silly message board postings? If the OP would have read my reply to him he would have noted that as far as mid sized cities go, in the 1-2 million range, it is a great place for gays, the arts, music, food, and culture.

I was the one who erased the original thread. I was just going to change the title to be more PC, but then the thread spiraled out of control. If this one stays off track, then I will erase it too.

To the OP, Louisville will honestly offer the same stuff as ATL, minus pro sports and uber upscale shopping, only on about 1/4 the scale. But in turn you get half the commute times, half the crime, and much friendlier folks IMO.

The OP must make a decision, but making flame wars on here wont work. I doubt the OP meant a racial slur, but we have to be PC here. Should the joking post been made against the opposite race surely some people would have shown up who never show on our boards and started getting angry.

So, if the OP and others here want to answer the question seriously, then go ahead. But if this was just meant to be a flame, it will get erased again.

Old 08-04-2010, 12:09 AM

93 posts, read 284,288 times
Quote:
its obvious that you havent read anything that ive posted and if you have you missed the the point... And by the way i grew up in south Georgia
all good.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:02 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,476,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
. On cars you'll see many religious bumper stickers and symbols, also stickers against Obama.
Louisville's media sucks (radio and TV).
Jefferson and Fayette counties voted for Obama by 55/44 and 52/47 respectively. Orange County CA, & Pima County AZ went for McCain. I guess Anaheim and Feenicks are filled with a bunch of snake handling Christians who are Obama haters.

Old 08-04-2010, 09:27 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,185,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by censusdata View Post
Jefferson and Fayette counties voted for Obama by 55/44 and 52/47 respectively. Orange County CA, & Pima County AZ went for McCain. I guess Anaheim and Feenicks are filled with a bunch of snake handling Christians who are Obama haters.
Not a surprise. Rural Kentucky is more conservative than the cities. Orange County has been conservative since I first heard about it in the early 1970s. Cities usually are less conservative. I would not classify McCain as a christian crackpot. The crackpots weren't very enthusiastic about McCain, but maybe for his mate, Palin
Tune in to Louisville area radio stations, the dial is saturated with right wing talkers, some are extreme. There must be a reason. Radio stations would not pick up programs unless they have a audience.
Louisville, having more educated people than rural Kentucky, has some pockets of liberal people. In rural Kentucky, I'm sure many people are right prowd they done voted against Obama.

Old 08-04-2010, 04:19 PM

14 posts, read 89,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePoint502 View Post
a lot of bs in this thread. Bumper stickers? Seriously?

If I was miserable like this guy, I'd move away. But I'm not and I love living here.... BTW, my family is from Chicago. I like Louisville better.

Do I care about what is on the radio? No. I joined the 21st century and bought an iPod long ago. I couldn't even tell you the channels.

As far as events in Louisville, there is so much more than The Derby, Oaks and basketball. Hullabalou last week was awesome. The Forecastle Festival was awesome. The Louisville Palace is awesome. I have like 15 bars that I love in the city. I know where to see live music on any weekend night. I know where to go if I want a low-key night, I know where to go if I want karaoke, and I know where to go if I want to rock out with my sock out.

And by the way, St. Joseph's Oprhans Picnic is coming up. That's awesome too.

Football season is approaching and the city college will lose a lot. Of course, that's awesome, but on a different level.
This is completely unrelated to this topic but I just moved from Grand Rapids, MI about 2 weeks ago and would love to hear what your 15 favorite bars are, where I can go to see live music and where you like to go on a low-key night. I also like to "rock out with my sock out" on occasion. LOL! I've been to 4th St but can't say I'd like to go there all the time. I can research "entertainment in Louisville" all day long but word of mouth is always the best way to go.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area