U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-11-2010, 10:15 PM
 
Location: Louisville, KY
522 posts, read 1,512,885 times
Reputation: 230

Advertisements

I need to rent my house out ASAP but do not know of any realtors who do rentals? Any suggestions?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-11-2010, 11:29 PM
 
10,044 posts, read 17,798,170 times
Reputation: 17205
I don't live in KY so can't offer any suggestions, but do make sure you go through someone who deals exclusively in rental properties if you want a chance to get your's rented.

DON'T list your porperty with an agency that mainly does sales. They all go by commission. Most agents are 100% commission, and they won't "waste" their time showing properties that aren't going to bag them a commission. Sales are typically about 6% of the selling price, rentals are about 50%--100% of the first month's rental, obviously a big difference.

Real estate agents will take your listing just in case it does generate interest, but they aren't going to be proactive in pushing it, such as ads, websites, showings, etc.

You need to list with someone who just does leasing. How to find? Perhaps drive around some areas and find for lease signs, then get the agent name that way, or go to some websites that offer rent houses.

Good luck, and BTW, its much easier to rent a house now than sell it, you should be able to get yours rented out quite soon!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-12-2010, 05:56 AM
 
Location: Louisville KY Metro area
4,824 posts, read 13,563,551 times
Reputation: 2145
Yes, Joanie, I can assist you. I will PM you with our contact numbers.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-13-2010, 12:46 AM
 
Location: Hillsboro, OR
2,200 posts, read 4,105,767 times
Reputation: 1374
If you find anything, please let me know! I'm having HUGE trouble trying to find decent, affordable rental housing on the Indiana side of the river. I can't do an apartment with the dog I have, and I need a fenced yard. So far, what I've seen on craigslist is either run down, apartments, or too expensive! There aren't many choices at all! Help!

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-13-2010, 03:33 PM
 
Location: Louisville, KY
522 posts, read 1,512,885 times
Reputation: 230
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
I don't live in KY so can't offer any suggestions, but do make sure you go through someone who deals exclusively in rental properties if you want a chance to get your's rented.

DON'T list your porperty with an agency that mainly does sales. They all go by commission. Most agents are 100% commission, and they won't "waste" their time showing properties that aren't going to bag them a commission. Sales are typically about 6% of the selling price, rentals are about 50%--100% of the first month's rental, obviously a big difference.

Real estate agents will take your listing just in case it does generate interest, but they aren't going to be proactive in pushing it, such as ads, websites, showings, etc.

You need to list with someone who just does leasing. How to find? Perhaps drive around some areas and find for lease signs, then get the agent name that way, or go to some websites that offer rent houses.

Good luck, and BTW, its much easier to rent a house now than sell it, you should be able to get yours rented out quite soon!
Thanks for the advice!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-13-2010, 06:44 PM
 
Location: Louisville KY Metro area
4,824 posts, read 13,563,551 times
Reputation: 2145
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryleeII View Post
I don't live in KY so can't offer any suggestions, but do make sure you go through someone who deals exclusively in rental properties if you want a chance to get your's rented.

DON'T list your porperty with an agency that mainly does sales. They all go by commission. Most agents are 100% commission, and they won't "waste" their time showing properties that aren't going to bag them a commission. Sales are typically about 6% of the selling price, rentals are about 50%--100% of the first month's rental, obviously a big difference.

Real estate agents will take your listing just in case it does generate interest, but they aren't going to be proactive in pushing it, such as ads, websites, showings, etc.

You need to list with someone who just does leasing. How to find? Perhaps drive around some areas and find for lease signs, then get the agent name that way, or go to some websites that offer rent houses.

Good luck, and BTW, its much easier to rent a house now than sell it, you should be able to get yours rented out quite soon!
Mary Lee, I can understand your first two paragraphs and there is some logic to your advice. However, after that, your words become a bit less reasonable. I've seen some Realtors do excellent work, and I've seen property managers do horrific work. It's definitely a case by case situation.

In property management, advertising whether by website, newspapers, or other media is typically a direct expense to the landlord anyway.

Your closing paragraph is very appropriate and in my opinion correct.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-20-2012, 03:48 PM
 
4 posts, read 3,397 times
Reputation: 10
Need to rent a house by early march. Looking in san marcos and Escondido areas of CA. Can't find a rental realtor anywhere. can anyone help?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 11:36 AM
 
2,391 posts, read 4,555,159 times
Reputation: 920
Putting a sign in front of your property "For Rent" as well as one at the main entrance of your street will help the people or traffic to come, look and call you. Good Luck~!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-21-2012, 05:10 PM
 
Location: Anchorage, KY
242 posts, read 363,410 times
Reputation: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmelson View Post
Need to rent a house by early march. Looking in san marcos and Escondido areas of CA. Can't find a rental realtor anywhere. can anyone help?
Anything you find here in the Louisville Kentucky thread is going to be an awful long commute!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-25-2012, 03:39 PM
 
Location: downtown phoenix
1,201 posts, read 1,682,210 times
Reputation: 1932
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
Putting a sign in front of your property "For Rent" as well as one at the main entrance of your street will help the people or traffic to come, look and call you. Good Luck~!

it can also get your property broken into or your a.c. unit stolen. this is becoming more prevelant all the time.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top