Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2010, 05:18 PM

101 posts, read 195,362 times

Advertisements

If this topic isn't supposed to be here because of some forum rule, I apologize. I didn't want to put it in the elections forum because they are getting nasty in there (LOL!)... so just delete this post if you are going to move it. I really just want to talk to Kentuckians anyway.

Just curious. I relocated here to KY (E-Town) a few months ago and just got registered in time to vote in the mid terms. I'm an Independent.

I don't know KY politicians very well and would like your insight to the candidates. national and local from you all that have lived in the area for awhile.

I would love to steer clear of propoganda, personal attacks on them, name calling or information that hasn't been proven, nor do I like spin, so please .... Just facts.

Please lets be civil?

Oh yes, and if you know where I can go on the web for a list of candidates, I would be grateful.

Thanks!

Last edited by meintennessee; 10-15-2010 at 05:21 PM.. Reason: to clarify
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 07:05 PM

22 posts, read 40,594 times
The newsenterprise.com has info. I would never vote for a Democrat (and won't this time) in Kentucky.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:28 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,748,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meintennessee View Post
If this topic isn't supposed to be here because of some forum rule, I apologize. I didn't want to put it in the elections forum because they are getting nasty in there (LOL!)... so just delete this post if you are going to move it. I really just want to talk to Kentuckians anyway.

Just curious. I relocated here to KY (E-Town) a few months ago and just got registered in time to vote in the mid terms. I'm an Independent.

I don't know KY politicians very well and would like your insight to the candidates. national and local from you all that have lived in the area for awhile.

I would love to steer clear of propoganda, personal attacks on them, name calling or information that hasn't been proven, nor do I like spin, so please .... Just facts.

Please lets be civil?

Oh yes, and if you know where I can go on the web for a list of candidates, I would be grateful.

Thanks!
I'm new here too (Vine Grove) and strongly considering not voting in this election. I can't stand either one of these candidates. Conway seems like the typical Northern-VA hyperliberal that made living there a nightmare and Rand may bring KY a lot of negative attention if he can't close his mouth. If I have to I'd go with Rand only because he's Ron Paul's son which I'm a big fan of.

One thing is sure, Rand or Jack would be a big step down from Mark Warner and Jim Webb in my former state of VA.

Old 10-15-2010, 07:55 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,314,005 times
I won't say whom I am voting for on this forum; however, I will ask every reader to do one thing. I ask you to ask questions. Don't swallow the bait. Ask about the hidden hooks. Ask who benefits, who pays... Look for the money chain. It's there.

Old 10-16-2010, 07:18 AM

6,367 posts, read 16,875,393 times
This kinda sums it up for me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNWIa...eature=related

Old 10-16-2010, 08:14 PM

163 posts, read 428,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
LOL!!!

That could apply to both parties, as far as I'm concerned!

Old 10-17-2010, 08:22 AM

101 posts, read 195,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gimme3steps View Post
LOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!

Priceless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area