U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2010, 06:31 PM

2 posts, read 5,396 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone!
I am about to head out on my own for the first time and move to the Fort Knox, Elizabethtown, Radcliff area to help out a military wife friend. I was wondering if you all here could give me suggestions on affordable rentals in that area and any fulltime job openings you may know of that don't require a degree? I would especially like to know to more about the area and what to expect monetary wise. Please help me out if you know anything!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2010, 06:44 PM

25,611 posts, read 37,377,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kheflin View Post
Hi everyone!
I am about to head out on my own for the first time and move to the Fort Knox, Elizabethtown, Radcliff area to help out a military wife friend. I was wondering if you all here could give me suggestions on affordable rentals in that area and any fulltime job openings you may know of that don't require a degree? I would especially like to know to more about the area and what to expect monetary wise. Please help me out if you know anything!
On the rentals. Finding any rental will be a chore with the BRAC influx taking full effect. Housing here is very affordable but you may have to look farther out in Louisville to find apartments. Here is the local newspaper where you can look for rentals.

The News-Enterprise - News, Sports, Entertainment and information for Elizabethtown and Hardin County, Kentucky

If you have cash handling experience, bank telling pays pretty well for not having a Post-HS degree. I haven't had much luck with 3 years of experience but your odds may be better. Also there are warehouse jobs that you may consider although most are hiring seasonal right now (I have one that ends in Jan). If you don't mind an hour drive Louisville has more jobs to consider.

Ft. Knox is a typical military area. Some not-so-great parts around the base but mostly decent. More diverse than most of KY.

Old 09-22-2010, 07:13 PM

2 posts, read 5,396 times
Thanks! I'm hoping to get a CNA job so if you know of any medical offices or hospitals that may be looking please let me know. Also, as of right now I have verizon cell phone service but when I was out there visiting it said I was roaming. What cell phone service would be best to have out there?

Old 09-23-2010, 08:49 AM

163 posts, read 402,099 times
I have Verizon and I love it. It's actually the extended network out here; same service, just slower at times. I don't pay anything extra for calls made out here, but it might depend on your plan. I've never had any problems with service out here though. The only issue is that there isn't a Verizon store in Hardin County, but there is one on Preston Highway in Louisville, which isn't too far away.

LouisvilleWorks.com is a great job search site. I did a quick search and it looks like there are several CNA jobs available in Louisville. I don't think you'll have much of a problem finding a health care job. Here are some other sites to check out and be sure to look in the Help Wanted section of the local paper, the News Enterprise. Good luck and welcome!

Career Center
Kentucky CNA Jobs on CareerBuilder.com
Kentucky: Personnel Cabinet - Overview
https://www.ekos.ky.gov:444/seeker/job_search.asp
Personnel News Page (http://www.hardin.k12.ky.us/per/Personnel%20Services/Employment.htm - broken link)

Old 12-30-2010, 09:44 PM

1 posts, read 2,439 times
Verizon Wireless has items on the docket of the Hardin County Planning and Zoning Board for six cell sites. I have ID'd one off Springfield Road ESE of Elizabethtown about as far out as mile marker 6 on the Bluegrass Parkway and another near Battle Training Rd and US 31W.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area