U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2010, 05:09 PM

25,655 posts, read 37,451,150 times

Advertisements

What is the reputation of Spalding and Bellarmine University in Louisville? I'm considering going for a Master's degree (after getting the Management degree out the way) and am considering these schools along with UofL.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2010, 12:37 PM

1 posts, read 1,736 times
Thank you very much for your interest in Bellarmine University. My name is Turner Wathen and I am a Graduate Admissions Officer at Bellarmine, and I'd like to take a moment to tell you more about Bellarmine University.

For over sixty years, Bellarmine University has cultivated drive and enthusiasm within its students while thriving as one of the South's Premiere Independent Catholic Universities. Bellarmine has a very strong relationship with Louisville's Business community, and excels at creating strong, ethical, and driven graduates, who make an impact on their respective communities daily. If you would like to learn more about our graduate programs, please visit Graduate Admissions at Bellarmine University.

Also, if you'd like to schedule an appointment to visit campus please give us a call at 502-272-7200.

Again, thank you for your interest in Bellarmine.

Sincerely,

Turner Wathen

Last edited by turnerwathen; 11-19-2010 at 01:02 PM..

Old 11-19-2010, 07:32 PM

55 posts, read 164,311 times
Bellarmine by far has a better reputation. Im sure Spalding is fine and you can receive a quality education there, but reputation alone in this area and region, Bellarmine wins hands down. UofL isnt too shabby either depending on the masters program you are speaking of. Hope that helps.

Old 11-22-2010, 03:01 PM

Location: Back in Melbourne.....home of road rage and aggression
402 posts, read 1,075,939 times
bu2008, you took the words right out of my mouth!

Spalding if fine academically, but it just doesn't have the...prestige?....that Bellarmine does.

The fact that you've already had an invitation from Bellarmine on here speaks volumes!

Good luck!

Old 11-22-2010, 05:30 PM

25,655 posts, read 37,451,150 times
Thanks for the advice. I'm going for likely a MBA or advanced business degree if that helps.

So the way I get this:

1. Bellarmine
2. IU Southeast/U of L
3. Spalding

Old 11-22-2010, 07:22 PM

55 posts, read 164,311 times
for what its worth, and I have close friends that went to both MBA programs, UL and Bellarmine are both great choices for an MBA and basically on equal footing with each other. IUS does not compare to either in that regard. Hope that helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area