U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2010, 01:38 PM

1,448 posts, read 4,529,443 times

Advertisements

For a good, fast food burger, try Back Yard Burgers off Blankenbaker. Not exactly gourmet, but what the heck!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2010, 02:54 PM

4,244 posts, read 6,557,361 times
I usually don't like to eat out, but I make an exception when visiting Louisville. Unfortunatly many of the places I'd want to stop at aren't open when I'm out and about (usually during the day on Saturdays).

So far my favorites have been two new places, Blind Pig and Hillbilly Tea. Blind Pig has garnered national attention so I figure y'all know about it already. Hillbilly Tea might not be that well known....but it has a great breakfast & lunch menu and its open on weekends.

The place I'd like to try but havnt' yet is Blue Dog over on Frankfort Avenue.

Another place on Frankfort, but in Clifton, is that Cafe Classico, near where Frankfort crosses the railroad. This is quite good, more a European style cafe/bistro. Excellent coffe imported from Austria, I think (Meinl), yet the food is pretty good too, from what I recall.

Old 12-10-2010, 03:55 PM

6,972 posts, read 15,091,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayton Sux View Post
I usually don't like to eat out, but I make an exception when visiting Louisville. Unfortunatly many of the places I'd want to stop at aren't open when I'm out and about (usually during the day on Saturdays).

So far my favorites have been two new places, Blind Pig and Hillbilly Tea. Blind Pig has garnered national attention so I figure y'all know about it already. Hillbilly Tea might not be that well known....but it has a great breakfast & lunch menu and its open on weekends.

The place I'd like to try but havnt' yet is Blue Dog over on Frankfort Avenue.

Another place on Frankfort, but in Clifton, is that Cafe Classico, near where Frankfort crosses the railroad. This is quite good, more a European style cafe/bistro. Excellent coffe imported from Austria, I think (Meinl), yet the food is pretty good too, from what I recall.
Great choices. Last time I was in town I was really impressed by Hillbilly Tea. There is a new place called Mozz garnering alot of attention too. Last I heard, there are at least 5 restaurants opening in downtown alone in the nest few months.

My two favorites downtown are probably 732 Social and Proof. In the Highlands, my favorites are Seviche and Palermo Viejo.

In Clifton and Crescent Hill, I enjoy Volare and and Varanese.

In St Matthews, I enjoy Del Frisco's and Havana Rumba.

In Old Louisville, I adore 610 Magnolia, and Granville Inn for burgers.

In Beechmont, I like Annie Cafe and Vietnam Kitchen.

Wow, it was tough picking only two restaurants in every neighborhood. I could go on and on and on....even with other areas that are not so "hip" and well known.

Like New Albany, IN, and Bank Street Brewhouse and La Rosita.

Old 12-10-2010, 07:01 PM

4,824 posts, read 13,507,384 times
While certainly not a gourmet $ 50.00 entre' place, my wife and our friends gather as the Friscelli's Fried Friday Friends to have some laughs, drink a beer and enjoy a fine deli meal. Tonight I had the five meat Sicilian pizza. It's a genuine real deal. I've got lunch for tomorrow and more.

It's Friscelli's in Crestwood.

Old 12-13-2010, 02:51 PM

165 posts, read 285,193 times
The local places that my wife and I like best:

J Gumbo
Wild Eggs
Toast on Market
Kashmir
Shalimar
Shiraz
The Grape Leaf
Blue Dog Bakery
L&N Wine Bar & Bistro
Impellizzeri's Pizza
BoomBozz Pizza

Old 12-21-2010, 03:00 PM

261 posts, read 461,617 times
Irish Rover and Bristol are probably my favorites.

Louisville does a million different nice restaurants to choose from. The restaurants are one of my favorite things about the city.

Old 12-21-2010, 03:02 PM

261 posts, read 461,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stx12499 View Post

Like New Albany, IN, and Bank Street Brewhouse and La Rosita.

La Rosita is one of the best Mexican restaurants I've ever been to. Haven't been there since they switched to the new downtown location a few months back. Need to do that.

Old 12-21-2010, 06:17 PM

25 posts, read 59,495 times
I'm a student so I'm usually on a tight budget. Taking that into consideration, I LOVE Oishii Sushi. I have never been somewhere that served sushi at prices like that. Cafe Mimosa is a favorite too. Try the lemongrass chicken, my personal favorite. You can probably tell I like Asian food. (:

Old 12-31-2010, 10:25 PM

9 posts, read 16,990 times
These are some of my favorites:

Uptown Cafe-Always excellent service, environment, and food.

Cafe Lou Lou-Consistently wonderful.

Bucks-Simply delicious.

Meridian Cafe-A local place to stop for a tasty breakfast or lunch.

Morris Deli-Family owned plus great sandwiches and soups.

The Fishery-A casual place to grab a great meal.

Old 01-01-2011, 06:03 AM

25,582 posts, read 37,290,331 times
Another one I wanna add is Logan's roadhouse near Shively. I had some steak, ribs, fries, baked apples all for under $20. You also get all the free peanuts and rolls you want while you wait. Did I mention the waitresses are cute?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area