U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 11-27-2010, 09:33 PM
 
2,391 posts, read 4,394,414 times
Reputation: 917

Advertisements

Do any of ya'll go to the dog parks here~? I've tried it, but the dogs have all gang up on my dog and scare him, or he runs with the big ole mastiff dogs. I really would rather walk in the parks so I can get my excerise too.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-27-2010, 10:29 PM
 
Location: Huntsville area
4,521 posts, read 5,625,289 times
Reputation: 1940
the one in Cherokee is kinda small but to answer your question, no, don't go to that one. Thee one in Lexington is much bigger and doesn't seem so overrun with dogs as it is designed for those that adopt Greyhounds and needs lots of room inside of a fenced 'pasture'.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2010, 07:20 PM
 
2,391 posts, read 4,394,414 times
Reputation: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
the one in Cherokee is kinda small but to answer your question, no, don't go to that one. Thee one in Lexington is much bigger and doesn't seem so overrun with dogs as it is designed for those that adopt Greyhounds and needs lots of room inside of a fenced 'pasture'.
There is a large one out at Tom Sawyer. I didn't know that about Lexington's dog park, interesting. The dog parks here is only in recent years. Everyone use to take their dogs to Cherrokke Park at the top of it, of which is named and still is known as "Dog Park"...something like that. There are people who still take their dogs there. A lot of people were upset when the dog fenced in area were going to be mandatory due to the dog laws we have now. Some dogs don't even behave in the dog parks due to the owners too.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2010, 09:06 PM
 
Location: Huntsville area
4,521 posts, read 5,625,289 times
Reputation: 1940
Quote:
Originally Posted by veggienut View Post
There is a large one out at Tom Sawyer. I didn't know that about Lexington's dog park, interesting. The dog parks here is only in recent years. Everyone use to take their dogs to Cherrokke Park at the top of it, of which is named and still is known as "Dog Park"...something like that. There are people who still take their dogs there. A lot of people were upset when the dog fenced in area were going to be mandatory due to the dog laws we have now. Some dogs don't even behave in the dog parks due to the owners too.
The one in Cherokee has been moved to the area right 'above' the I-64 tunnel - off Lexington Rd. It's now fenced in where as the old one (unfenced) was on Barringer hill and the city probably thought it was getting out of hand. I wish the city would mow the city parks more often than they do.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-28-2010, 09:26 PM
 
2,391 posts, read 4,394,414 times
Reputation: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
The one in Cherokee has been moved to the area right 'above' the I-64 tunnel - off Lexington Rd. It's now fenced in where as the old one (unfenced) was on Barringer hill and the city probably thought it was getting out of hand. I wish the city would mow the city parks more often than they do.
Those locations are right, as you mentioned. I thought maybe you're from Lexington when you posted what you did. I'm sure the city is short on employees, as a lot of places and/or cutting staff. A great place to walk your dog is the nature trail in Cherrokke also.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-29-2010, 09:25 PM
 
Location: Huntsville area
4,521 posts, read 5,625,289 times
Reputation: 1940
Lightbulb Lexington dog parks

Whole website dedicated to dogparks in Lexington.

Home Page
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top