U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 01:46 PM

38 posts, read 81,011 times

Advertisements

Thanks. You need a car before you can live in it. lol

I've called some places and I'm waiting on callbacks. I should have figured that a lot of whether or not you can get a bed is determined the night you call, so they can't possibly know 3 weeks in advance. I really appreciate all the help you all've given.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2012, 10:02 PM

1 posts, read 772 times
this is for RICKERS and creatures like him, wow if you can't offer the guy help please do kindly have the good grace to reserve your pathetic and hypocritical attempt at wishing him luck while in essence turning your back and walking off. poor thing, so, this is your 'charcter' and 'strength' is it? all homelessness seems to have made you into is a pathetic and probably lonely person. kindly reserve your platitudes for a receptive audience. oh ya, hurray for you, all you wanted was to promote yourself for having upheld your responsibility to your children. big deal. you're not special. all you wanted as an 'atta boy' so now that you have it, do kindly quiet yourself.

Old 04-19-2012, 02:05 AM

16,408 posts, read 27,941,518 times
OP, just wondering how you managed to pay for school yet are going to be homeless and can't afford a car?

Old 11-29-2012, 01:51 PM

1 posts, read 621 times
Hey are there anymore people out there that's either homeless or about to become homeless and you are as nervous as I am and don't really know where you want to go and need someone to go on the journey with you well I'm your guy.im leaving Chicago in a week and I really don't like going anywhere where I don't know anyone but I was considering louisville why don't know and I'm a hard worker and I know I'm going to need a job and I don't even know anything about the state.even if your not homeless and can help me with a job/work or direct me to anyone who can or even jus be a friend I would highly appreciate it I'm a black male 27years old very cool down to earth people person just got down on my luck here and want to start over in another state.so if you are out there please contact me at pate.marlon@yahoo.com or call7085604927 thank you so much for even reading my post (friend). Ps.Im single too lol.

Old 11-29-2012, 02:11 PM

4,944 posts, read 6,157,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phat View Post
Hey are there anymore people out there that's either homeless or about to become homeless and you are as nervous as I am and don't really know where you want to go and need someone to go on the journey with you well I'm your guy.im leaving Chicago in a week and I really don't like going anywhere where I don't know anyone but I was considering louisville why don't know and I'm a hard worker and I know I'm going to need a job and I don't even know anything about the state.even if your not homeless and can help me with a job/work or direct me to anyone who can or even jus be a friend I would highly appreciate it I'm a black male 27years old very cool down to earth people person just got down on my luck here and want to start over in another state.so if you are out there please contact me at pate.marlon@yahoo.com or call7085604927 thank you so much for even reading my post (friend). Ps.Im single too lol.
Have you looked into North Dakota?
It seems there are jobs there for guys your age.
Best of luck to you!

Old 12-01-2012, 01:21 PM

4,521 posts, read 5,616,223 times
Lightbulb To license or not to license

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonathanCr View Post
I think a lot of the places aren't calling me because I don't have a car. On applications you have to answer "Do you have a valid driver's license?" and the answer is no. I've never been able to afford a car, so I'm afraid that's a huge hindrance to me too. It makes it look like I can't come into work, but how can I buy a car if I don't have a job? And how can I keep a job if I don't have a car? It seems like the world is set-up for people who already have money and already have a family. People like me are in a weird place because of it.

I'm trying hard to plan for everything that might happen...
You don't need to have a car or even plan on getting a car in order to get a drivers license. In New York City, many workers who live in the city do not own cars but still have a drivers license. Occasionally they will rent a car when they go on trips or for other reasons but find it helpful even in a city where they rarely drive.

A job applicant can explain much easier on why they don't have a car vs. why they don't have a license. A license helps with identification, allows the ability to drive company vehicles (even forklifts), and gives a more rounded appearance as a job seeker. Getting a college degree obviously shows abition and by not getting a drivers license over the past 3-5 years indicates a slight slip when compared against other college graduates applying for the same job.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area