U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2007, 10:11 PM

3 posts, read 10,131 times

Advertisements

I have searched the forum for the last 15 minutes and couldn't come up with an answer. I hope some of you can help me out. My girl friend and I are having our 7 year anniversary in September. She lives in Louisville currently going to school while I am an hour away. I had planned to take her to Gatlinburg and stay the weekend but it just can't happen the weekend of our anniversary. So I am looking for either a really nice hotel or cabin of some sort to get for 1 night. I want something nice and am willing to spend 300-400 for one night if I have to. I have searched google and have come up with nothing.

I would like a room or place I should say with either a private hot tub or a jacuzi in the room somewhere. Along with a nice sized bed and a room that will make her feel super special. I just dont want something that is plain otherwise we would just stay at her house. She may have a good idea but I am trying to plan all of this without her knowledge because we all know women like surprises. I would like to stay in the downtown area.

Also if you folks have any restaurant suggestions feel free to throw them my way. Since I am trying to stay down town I was thinking about The Old Spaghetti Factory as we have been there a few times already I would actually like to try something new.

Thanks for any suggestions and helpful tips.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2007, 10:18 PM

1,833 posts, read 6,117,501 times
Try the Seelbach or the Galt house for down town old style hotels, I think they are 4 star according to some reviews. They have a little more style than the newer hotels.

Louisville, KY hotels - Seelbach Hilton Louisville, a four star landmark Kentucky hotel

The Galt House Hotel and Suites, Downtown Louisville's Only Waterfront Hotel

Some of the local Louisville people may have better choices.

Old 07-22-2007, 10:22 PM

Thank you very much for the suggestions.

Old 07-23-2007, 07:47 AM

1,448 posts, read 4,530,041 times
The Galt House use to be terrible but I understand they just remodeled it. It's on the river, so ask for a river view.

The Sealbach is top of the line and a little more pricey. But if you can swing it, it's very impressive and right next to Fourth Street Live.

Old 07-23-2007, 09:31 AM

688 posts, read 2,881,147 times
Some other places to consider, too:

21c Museum Hotel - 21c Museum Hotel | Southern-style Luxuries and Contemporary Art in Louisville, Kentucky (http://www.21chotel.com/hotel - broken link) - ultra modern decor and art-oriented vibe. Fairly new to the area.

The Brown is another historic, classic Louisville hotel: Historic Downtown Louisville Luxury Hotel | The Brown Hotel, Louisville, KY

And, don't forget about bed and breakfasts. Many offer romantic settings in historic old Louisville and S Indiana (downtown area) or in more rural areas outside of the city. Often you can find a large room with a jetted tub for two, a balcony overlooking the gardens, etc...and don't forget a delicious breakfast!
Louisville, Kentucky Bed and Breakfasts and Country Inns -- BBOnline... Bed & Breakfast Inns ONLINE
Louisville Bed & Breakfast Association - Louisville, Kentucky - Bed & Breakfast Inns ONLINE - Travel * Lodging * Bed and Breakfast * Country Inns / Introduction
Louisville Accommodations: Read Reviews for Inns and B&Bs in Louisville - TripAdvisor (for ratings and guest reviews)

Old 07-23-2007, 03:12 PM

6,973 posts, read 15,096,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pelphrey View Post
I have searched the forum for the last 15 minutes and couldn't come up with an answer. I hope some of you can help me out. My girl friend and I are having our 7 year anniversary in September. She lives in Louisville currently going to school while I am an hour away. I had planned to take her to Gatlinburg and stay the weekend but it just can't happen the weekend of our anniversary. So I am looking for either a really nice hotel or cabin of some sort to get for 1 night. I want something nice and am willing to spend 300-400 for one night if I have to. I have searched google and have come up with nothing.

I would like a room or place I should say with either a private hot tub or a jacuzi in the room somewhere. Along with a nice sized bed and a room that will make her feel super special. I just dont want something that is plain otherwise we would just stay at her house. She may have a good idea but I am trying to plan all of this without her knowledge because we all know women like surprises. I would like to stay in the downtown area.

Also if you folks have any restaurant suggestions feel free to throw them my way. Since I am trying to stay down town I was thinking about The Old Spaghetti Factory as we have been there a few times already I would actually like to try something new.

Thanks for any suggestions and helpful tips.

There is only one choice here, IMO. Stay at the 21C hotel in downtown Louisville:

21c Museum Hotel | Louisville Kentucky's Premier Hotel, Museum and Restaurant Property (http://www.21cmuseumhotel.com/overview/default.aspx - broken link)

The service and ambiance are second to none, and it almost feels like taking a trip to Soho in Manhattan. The restuarant (Proof) is great, one of the best new restaurants in the country in 2006 according to Esquire magazine. There are luxury suites on top with jacuzzis and balconies that overlook the city, and I am thinking they have wonderful river views too:

The Best New Restaurants of 2006 - Esquire

They even have IPODs for you to use in your room, and they preprogram your favorite songs. Use it as an opportunity to program a song special to you and your girl. Then take her for cocktails afterward at Jeff Ruby's or Rivue, which is 25 stories high and offers sweeping, rotating views of the skyline and river. But don't tell her where you got these tips

PS, please do not eat at the Old Spaghetti Factory! There are too many wonderful restaurants in Louisville. If you need more affordable suggestions than the three I listed, feel free to PM me. Also, if you book in advance, you may be able to snag a room at 21C for 100 bucks, which is a steal for such a luxury hotel. I would utilize priceline.com and try naming a price in the 80 range first, and work up from there.

Old 07-23-2007, 05:36 PM

stx12499 thank you so much for your suggestions. I am looking at the 21c website right now and it looks wonderful.

Old 07-24-2007, 08:53 PM

508 posts, read 1,407,206 times
Do it up right and go to the Brown Hotel -- it's where the Hot Brown all started

It usually ranks among the top 5 or so in the Southern Living reader's choice awards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
View detailed profiles of: