Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2011, 07:38 AM

169 posts, read 373,185 times

Advertisements

Contemplating a move to da 'ville and prefer to live in such a building. Any suggestions appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 10:41 AM

26,699 posts, read 41,733,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VenusAllen View Post
Contemplating a move to da 'ville and prefer to live in such a building. Any suggestions appreciated.
The 800, Barrington Place, or Kentucky Towers are three to consider.

Old 02-27-2011, 04:41 PM

2,391 posts, read 5,046,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
The 800, Barrington Place, or Kentucky Towers are three to consider.

I was also thinking of the 800 building. But if you drive to East Louisville, they have some but they are condo's like Brownsboro Rd/Limekiln and farther a bit too they are building or finished a complex at 42/22 split.

Old 02-28-2011, 07:16 PM

174 posts, read 540,827 times
Quote:
That depends on what one considers "Downtown Louisville." The 800 would be in Old Louisville according to this map:

http://www.ecentral.com/louisvillema...louisville.gif

Most of the residential high-rises in what can truly be called "Downtown" seem to be condos.

However, there are exceptions:

The "Henry Clay" is a converted 1920's building located @ 3rd and Chestnut in the Theatre District
Welcome to the Henry Clay
They offer "11 condominiums and 33 loft-style apartments"

Nearby is "The Crescent Centre," "The Tower Residences" area of which is 11 storeys.
Crescent Centre

Then there are other residential high-rises Downtown closer to the river.

Old 03-06-2011, 03:28 PM

169 posts, read 373,185 times
Thanks all for your responses. I should have clarified better. Along, or near the river, between 2nd and roughly 5th would be most desirable. I really don't want to be any further south than Main Street, either.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:15 AM

7,070 posts, read 16,740,696 times
Quote:
Thanks all for your responses. I should have clarified better. Along, or near the river, between 2nd and roughly 5th would be most desirable. I really don't want to be any further south than Main Street, either.
Why not south of Main?

There are many options. I think Barrington Place and Kentucky Towers are the two that are the most reasonably priced for the amenities. They have very diverse people living in them and have security guards.

The nicest is of course WaterfrontParkPlace. These are condos on the river yet if you search craigslist, you will often find rentals.

The Crescent Centre, the St Francis, and the Henry Clay are probably the nicest highrises along with Glassworks Lofts.

There are several 3-5 story smaller apartment buildings along main. Any interest in those?

The newest and nicest ones will be the Whiskey Row Lofts....these sound up your alley and I believe theyll be ready soon. I also hear the Starks building is renting some nice apartments now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area