U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2011, 01:11 PM

685 posts, read 1,752,322 times

Advertisements

Anyone been to the financial seminars held twice a week at the Ruth Chris in Louisville? I signed up for one, but don't want to be exposed to a hard sell. Can't seem to find any reviews or opinions. Appreciate any input. Croce
Rate this post positively

Old 03-27-2011, 07:16 PM

1,448 posts, read 4,471,521 times
Almost uniformly these seminars are a hard sell. I emphasize "almost." All I could find on Matt Dickens is below, and to me, it's not very encouraging. If he is not a hard seller, he certainly comes from that background. To his credit, it sounds like he is critical of that atmosphere.

Without having attended this particular seminar, it's been my experience that most of these guys are selling the sizzle and not the steak.

Kansas City

Old 03-28-2011, 10:41 AM

O.T. - Thanks for the link. I agree, doesn't sound too encouraging, especially if Dicken got his start in life insurance sales. Seems like he's pretty young to be giving retirement advice, but I won't hold that against him. Guess I'll go and hope for the best, but leave my checkbook and account numbers at home. - Will let all know how it goes. Croce

Old 04-13-2011, 07:31 AM

Went to the Dicken seminar last night or at least attempted to attend. My advice - if you go to one of these events, don't be late. We arrived at 6:35pm and were turned away as one of Dicken's representatives informed us it started at 6:30pm. This, in spite of the fact that we had confirmed reservations. Guess they treat it like an airline flight. Once the jetway door closes, you're SOL. So we ate at Texas Road House and probably saved us umpteen dollars, aggravation, etc. We won't be attending in the future.

Old 12-22-2015, 01:00 PM

1 posts, read 2,257 times
Angry matt dicken rip-off

me and my wife attended one of matt dicken's ruth christ dinners and fell for his B.S., from january 2015 to nov 2015 his financial advice and bad investing lost us $17,400.00 of which approxmately $6300.00 was fees, $4,200.00 of these fees went in matt dicken's pocket. your right about his being a insurance salesman , that seems to be the only thing he done right. we also bought some indexed annuitys, once the paperwork is done and he collects his commison he has nothing to do with the annuity, and its a good thing. we had seen his tv show (on channel 11) and thought he really knew about finance. boy was we wrong. the first fund he put us in lost $7,000.00 from january to august , when i finally called they said they reommended we get out of this fund and get into a fund they were going to manage themself, although we never get out while a investment is down, we didn't have much choice. we filled out paperwork for the transfer around the end of august but it took almost the whole month of september to complete, during this time we lost another $8,000.00 more, from october to november in the new fund we lost $ 2,000.00 more dollars. we trusted him and didn't look close at the funds we were in untile it was too late but the first fund had three stock funds that lost the most , were in currency trading, he told us the fund was a consertave fund , even i know currency trading is super high risk. he said the move would be going "sideways" into the new fund with ameritrade, turns out the fund was about 75% money market,(earning $1.50 interest a month) and 25% in gold and bonds that lost about $1000.00 a month, while the stock marked almost went back to an all time high. we talked to them trying to deside what to do, they are real car salesmen, they keep telling us they had computer programs that would tell them when to get back in the market and that a 20% market corection was coming because it had been 8 years since the last crash. matt dicken dont have a clue what he is doing in the stock market,, if we haden't got out when we did there's no telling how much we would have lost. we are telling this story to try and keep some other senior's from losing hard earned money to bad investments and enormous fees
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
View detailed profiles of: