Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2010, 11:12 PM

25 posts, read 70,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by naomigonzalez6 View Post
I am moving to Louisville in June. I have 4 children, 3 are in school. Elementary, middle and High School. Can you guys tell me what the best schools are there? I want to make sure they get a good education, but I also want to make sure that there is not a high rate of violence in the schools. Any ideas?
If you don't want violence then keep them out of the JCPS system. Live in Shelby, Oldham or Bullitt if you are going the public system route or plan on private schooling if you are going to live in Jefferson County.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2010, 08:24 PM

4 posts, read 6,650 times
I'm impressed with all the great advice people have been giving on here. Do you guys have any advice for me, maybe?

My husband and I are currently looking for jobs and an apartment in the area, but we're pretty unfamiliar with the different neighborhoods. We're looking for:
-Probably rents on the cheaper side, but since we come from the Boston area, everything out here looks really inexpensive by comparison! I'd like to stay under $900 a month, since we don't yet know what our jobs will pay.
-We don't have any kids, so no worries about schools.
-We can do a studio apartment, but it would be nice to have extra bedrooms in case family comes to visit
-We love the river, and if at all possible, we'd love to have a view of it from the apartment (a tall order, I'm sure!)
-We'd like probably an urban neighborhood, where we can walk to a lot of things and leave the car at home
-We want somewhere with a lot of local businesses nearby (ideally including a yarn/craft shop, a bookstore, and a comic/gaming shop)
-We'd love to live in an area where a lot of people walk around - we've heard that around Bardstown St is great for that.

Thanks so much!

Old 06-26-2013, 06:01 AM

1 posts, read 743 times
I'm strongly thinking about moving to Louisville with my 2 kids and start new but I've done any moving out of state by myself before so I'm kinda scared. Where is the great schools and affordable living? I wanna keep my children safe from high violence areas? Any suggestions?

Old 06-26-2013, 06:17 AM

4,826 posts, read 14,311,771 times
Just understand the farther from the "war zones" that you live, the higher the costs in rent and commute costs and time.

That being said, I feel it is wrong to assume that Louisville is in anyway unsafe. Your odds of an automobile accident and any resulting injuries or death are far greater than the living risks of most anywhere in the area.

Old 06-26-2013, 06:32 AM

2 posts, read 3,298 times
Hello everyone,

I am also looking to relocate from Wisconsin to Louisville. Can someone please provide names of hospitals or medical facilities in the county or neighboring counties of Louisville. I am currently a medical secretary but will soon have a degree in health and wellness and would like to submit resumes.

Thank you.

Old 06-26-2013, 10:41 AM

7,070 posts, read 16,743,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theselips View Post
Hello everyone,

I am also looking to relocate from Wisconsin to Louisville. Can someone please provide names of hospitals or medical facilities in the county or neighboring counties of Louisville. I am currently a medical secretary but will soon have a degree in health and wellness and would like to submit resumes.

Thank you.
The largest health systems in Louisville metro area are:

Jewish (now KentuckyOne Health)
University (based downtown)
Norton (the largest)
and Baptist

These entities control virtually every hospital and health care facility in the Louisville metro area (including surrounding counties).

As far as Louisville's suburban counties, I have heard good things about Jewish Medical Center South in Bullit County and also Baptist Northeast in Oldham County. Keep in mind Louisville's southern indiana counties have nice medical centers too. These centers are much closer to downtown Louisville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area