U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2011, 12:21 PM

4 posts, read 6,336 times

Advertisements

-I'll be working in Middletown.
-Looking to spend 150-200 on housing.
-Need a 20 min or less commutes.
-Married with 3 kids under 4, looking for Catholic schools.
-Somewhere safe with plenty of young families around. Not afraid of an older home/slight fixer-upper.
-We'd love bike trails or parks nearby.

Thanks in advance for all the advice!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2011, 07:27 PM

6,879 posts, read 14,708,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aneffing View Post
-I'll be working in Middletown.
-Looking to spend 150-200 on housing.
-Need a 20 min or less commutes.
-Married with 3 kids under 4, looking for Catholic schools.
-Somewhere safe with plenty of young families around. Not afraid of an older home/slight fixer-upper.
-We'd love bike trails or parks nearby.

Thanks in advance for all the advice!
Highlands. Enough said. You may be able to afford some of the small 1920s bungalows near st agnes school, where your kids may go

Old 04-09-2011, 09:56 PM

4,114 posts, read 9,736,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stx12499 View Post
Highlands. Enough said. You may be able to afford some of the small 1920s bungalows near st agnes school, where your kids may go
Highlands is a great suggestion indeed. They could also explore Original Highlands and Clifton.

A little closer to Middletown is St. Matthews, I suggest that that area be examined. Nice, semi-historic suburb near I-64 & the Watterson Expressway. Plus, during rush hour, it would be 20 minutes to Middletown at the worst whereas coming from the Highlands, IF there is an accident along her route, that figure could increase to 30 minutes. Plus, it's still relatively close to the Highlands and St. Agnes, anyway. If I were the original poster, I'd probably pick St. Matthews.

Old 04-10-2011, 08:12 AM

1,197 posts, read 1,594,820 times
i'm a huge fan of the highlands as well as clifton/crescent hill. but why not look in middletown? it's a nice safe area with just about all the criteria you mentioned (except for nearby parks) and would equal a very short commute.

Old 04-26-2011, 03:49 AM

7 posts, read 17,941 times
I must agree with the above posts. I enjoy the Highlands from the North end starting at Highland Avenue running South on Bardstown to Taylorsville Road. There is simply no better place to live with all the shops and restaurants. (See 40204 and 40205 zips)

A close second place is Crescent Hill and Clifton. The crown jewel of the city is Cherokee Park, in my humble opinion.

Good Luck!

Old 04-26-2011, 06:25 AM

4,824 posts, read 13,313,839 times
While the Highlands might indeed be the ultimate landing place, to assume that it's the only place is not due-diligence. There are many very good Catholic schools in Louisville, but there are a few stinkers too. Just be certain the parrish where you land is in your family's best interests (plural interests).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area