U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Old 04-18-2011, 09:01 PM
1 posts, read 1,010 times
Reputation: 11


I am renting a home and my landlord is not assessing any of the problems we notify him of. We have bubbles in our ceiling due to the high amount of rain we have been getting, and we notified him over a week ago. We have also told him several time of several fire hazzards that are in the home, such as non opening windows and some frayed wires coming from the thermostat. Am I obligated to pay the rent if he is not keeping up with his part of the lease?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 07:50 PM
Location: Louisville
1 posts, read 971 times
Reputation: 10
You should talk to a legal expert about your lease agreement and tenant/landlord laws in your county and state, not take advice from people on a message board (except this advice).
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-25-2011, 08:39 PM
Location: NOVA
4,521 posts, read 5,617,274 times
Reputation: 1940
You could post this in this forum vs. louisville to expand your audience since it's not specific to louisville: //www.city-data.com/forum/renting/

Do you want to keep living there if the problems are fixed or just get out of your lease?

First, you need to put your complaints and concerns in writing and provide the landlord with enough details to include the dates that you also talked with him and send it via certified mail with return receipt. If you don't get results within a reasonable amount of time, you have a couple options: 1) write up a notice to the landlord to vacate based on uninhabitable conditions. 2) call health dept to get placed condemned. 3) fix the repairs yourself and sue the landlord for the difference. I'd go with option #1 if it was me.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
Similar Threads
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top