U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 05:47 AM

38,704 posts, read 93,512,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by spence425 View Post
Though drastically different than what one traditionally thinks of as Ale. In this case, the Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale and Stout that i talked about, are, in fact, very different.
And what exactly does one "traditionally think of as Ale"? Grand Cru? Witbier? Alt? Hefeweizen? British brown? Porter? IPA? Kolsch?

The presumption that there's some consensus of what "one traditionally thinks of as an Ale" is like claiming there's a presumption of what one traditionally thinks of as a plant: Fern? Tree? Grass? Tulip? Seaweed?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2011, 08:03 AM

1,197 posts, read 1,597,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jp1251 View Post
I recommend visiting The Keg in Clarksville and talking to Todd Antz. He is very knowledgable and can usually get any beer you want.
the keg is legendary. i was in there one day and some dudes drove up from alabama to buy beer. probably not a better place within 500 miles for package beer selection.

if you want to drink a few while you get educated try sergio's world beers on story ave. just voted top five beer selection in the WORLD, right here in little old louisville. sergio is an awesome guy and can answer any and all questions regarding foamy frothy goodness.

then, of course, you have rich-o's/new albanian. antoher one of my favorite places. louisville has one of the best beer cultures of any city i've been to.

Old 05-19-2011, 03:52 AM

54 posts, read 123,122 times
cant wait for the revamped Falls City to come in bottles/cans! Tried it on draft, it was great!

Old 01-02-2012, 06:25 PM

1 posts, read 787 times
There is nothing like Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale though. I've tried a few of the bourbon ales/stouts available here in Virginia and they just aren't the same. Sadly, it will be awhile before we make another trip to Kentucky or Indiana (which is where we first tried it and bought some to bring home). We are planning a trip to West Virginia in February and I was wondering if anyone knows of any stores there that might carry it. Has to be Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area