U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 05-14-2011, 09:18 PM
 
2 posts, read 2,050 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

Oldham county residents....would love to hear your thoughts on OCHS and SOHS.
Academic?
Social?
Economic?
Racial?
Thanks
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-16-2011, 05:36 AM
 
Location: Louisville KY Metro area
4,824 posts, read 13,343,258 times
Reputation: 2144
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX1234 View Post
Oldham county residents....would love to hear your thoughts on OCHS and SOHS.
Academic?
Social?
Economic?
Racial?
Thanks
I will try to be as objective as a non-expert can be.

Academically, both schools are superior modern American schools. Many students come out of these two schools with most of their 1st yr college work behind them. A bit weak on common living sense such as balancing checkbooks, scrambling an egg, living without a computer providing all the answers.

Socially, I would assume you are speaking on a socio-economic plain. If so, I have never seen blantant class warfare in this county.

Racially, Oldham County itself is a very racially diverse community. Yes, it has 90% European geneology, but the other 10% are from the entire world and almost without exception fully involved, if not leading from the top.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2011, 03:52 PM
 
2 posts, read 2,050 times
Reputation: 10
Thank you for your objectivity. If you could only send your child to one or the other, which one would you choose?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-16-2011, 05:47 PM
 
Location: Louisville KY Metro area
4,824 posts, read 13,343,258 times
Reputation: 2144
Honestly, there isn't enough difference to matter. OCHS has more economically challenged students than SOHS, but academically, they are very similar in the advanced programs. Only by interviewing to determine personality compatibility and/or personally specific needs, will there be a true answer to your question.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top