Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 10:09 AM

11 posts, read 25,420 times

Advertisements

I spent a weekend in the Nulu/East Market District area recently with some friends and...wow! I'm not sure how much longer this area will stay a well-kept secret for dining and living. Both Friday and Saturday night nearly every restraunt was packed, with several new additions since the last time I had been there, including Harvest and Ghyslain. I also highly recommend 732 Social!

It's incredible how fast this area is transforming into an upscale, safe area for those seeking downtown living. What do folks on here think regarding East Market's transformation? Is it a place you could see yourself living, over other established areas like the Highlands?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2011, 04:33 PM

1,217 posts, read 1,908,986 times
this has been discussed on here a lot lately. the only thing really keeping nulu from resedential growth is the meat packing plant and the occasional horrid smell that goes with it. other than that, it's happening.

Old 05-22-2011, 06:04 AM

7,070 posts, read 16,734,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kytoaz View Post
this has been discussed on here a lot lately. the only thing really keeping nulu from resedential growth is the meat packing plant and the occasional horrid smell that goes with it. other than that, it's happening.
Yeah I think its here to stay. Straight to the south of Nulu past the hospitals the Shephard Square housing project is getting rebuilt in the same way as the Liberty Green area near Nulu so this will further gentrify and nicen the area. I think it is here to stay for sometime and there are several more places set to open.

Try Please and Thank You out in the am or for lunch. And Garage Bar will be the first real late night attraction in the area. Throw in how well Mozz is doing and with all the art galleries and you have a great area.

Word is a permanant open air farmer's market will open soon. Louisville is blessed with an inordinate amout of dense, walkable, hipster urban nabes for a city its size that is not very well known.

Right now the area really shines on a Trolley Hop night. Do not miss them each month

http://www.ldmd.org/First-Friday-Trolley-Hop.html

Old 05-22-2011, 07:41 AM

had dinner at harvest last night. totally amazing!! better still, the place was PACKED at 9:30, so a res. would be a good idea. not bad for a place open for about a month.

Old 05-22-2011, 01:20 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,462,489 times
I think eventually yuppies will overtake the whole area south of Butchertown and future generations will be amazed that Smoketown was ever considered worse than the Highlands. I think the area near U of L's Med Campus especially have a high upside if all those med students move from the Highlands down there.

Old 05-22-2011, 04:11 PM

i work at u of l hospital and every day see plenty of less then upstanding citizens in the area. my best advice would be to bulldoze the projects just south of broadway and the entire area would jump several rungs up the ladder.

Old 05-23-2011, 03:19 PM

funny. they just announced on the news plans to bulldoze and re-develop shepherd square projects!! this is great news for the whole area!

Old 05-23-2011, 10:36 PM

Quote:
i work at u of l hospital and every day see plenty of less then upstanding citizens in the area. my best advice would be to bulldoze the projects just south of broadway and the entire area would jump several rungs up the ladder.
Look above....not sure you read too many of my posts Also, it does not appear you know all of the downtown streets as well as you say, but then again, it is your opinion.

Old 05-24-2011, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stx12499 View Post
Look above....not sure you read too many of my posts Also, it does not appear you know all of the downtown streets as well as you say, but then again, it is your opinion.
missed that first paragraph. my bad. what does that post have to do with my knowledge of louisville streets? please explain.

Old 05-25-2011, 04:39 AM

Quote:
missed that first paragraph. my bad. what does that post have to do with my knowledge of louisville streets? please explain.
We will have to agree to disagree that the Phoenix Hill/NuLu area is dangerous. I completely disagree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area