Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2007, 04:26 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,574,394 times

Advertisements

Is the revolving restaurant still there in downtown Louisville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2007, 04:33 PM

6,749 posts, read 22,078,494 times
The only one I know of is at the Hyatt near Fourth street live.

Old 08-03-2007, 05:38 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,740,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
The only one I know of is at the Hyatt near Fourth street live.
The Hyatt closed their revolving restaurant many many years ago. It only opens for New Years or Thunder. The Galt House has a new revolving restuarant, Rivue, that is magnificent. It has good food and a stunning, art deco modern interior, with two revolving plates, one of the only ones of its kind in the US.

Rivue, Louisville̢۪s newest upscale restaurant | NOW OPEN!

There are only 49 revolving eateries in the US, and many of them are closed.

YouTube - Revolving Restaurants USA- Lava Lamp

PS. you need to get you downtown more often, Missy

Last edited by Peter1948; 08-03-2007 at 05:49 PM..

Old 08-03-2007, 05:54 PM

3,770 posts, read 10,574,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stx12499 View Post
The Hyatt closed their revolving restaurant many many years ago. It only opens for New Years or Thunder. The Galt House has a new revolving restuarant, Rivue, that is magnificent. It has good food and a stunning, art deco modern interior, with two revolving plates, one of the only ones of its kind in the US.

Rivue, Louisville’s newest upscale restaurant | NOW OPEN!

Thank you for the pics of the revolving restaurants. I didn't realize how many had closed. rep 1+

Old 08-05-2007, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stx12499 View Post

Rivue, Louisville’s newest upscale restaurant | NOW OPEN!

well that's funny. It seems to me that my rehearsal dinner was at the Hyatt's revolving restaurant LAST SEPTEMBER. I don't believe that was years ago.

Old 08-05-2007, 06:44 PM

7,070 posts, read 16,740,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by missymomof3 View Post
well that's funny. It seems to me that my rehearsal dinner was at the Hyatt's revolving restaurant LAST SEPTEMBER. I don't believe that was years ago.
The restaurant is NOT open daily to the public. It hasn't been for years. They may rent it out for special events, but it is in no way a day to day restaurant, and it has been that way for years. If you want to eat there, you must rent it out for a catering event. A rehearsal dinner fits the bill.

Old 08-05-2007, 07:56 PM

Well, since I didn't pay for it I have no idea who rented it or whatever else. I am not the type that frequents downtown and don't plan on becoming one so I answered to the best of my knowledge.Sorry Noland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area