Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 07:09 PM

3 posts, read 89,296 times

Advertisements

OK I have been in Louisville for about 7 months and I am about ready to pull my hair out. I really should have did some research before moving here. But hey thats my fault. (Lesson learned) My problem is I am looking for an apartment that is eviction friendly. I dont need alot of space just a 1 bdrm or a studio will do. I can even pay 3 months in advance if I can at least find something in my price range. I really want to be in the Old Louisville area or Downtown because I am currently enrolled in JCC...But I seem that may not be doable. At this point I will even go to the hood. I just need a place. Does anyone know of a company or something I can turn to.

What I dont get is people make mistakes when they are younger. But damn do we really need to fault them all there life. I am not trying to have a pitty party for myself..I really just need to move asap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2011, 04:07 PM

1,217 posts, read 1,908,986 times
i don't see what research would accomplish. people are afraid to rent to people with evictions on thier record. don't really think it's just a louisville thing. find the right landlord and you'll be o.k.

Old 08-03-2011, 04:17 PM

3 posts, read 89,296 times
I what I mean when I said I should have done research...is to see if they had second chance programs here. Like they do in Atlanta. They have alot of apartments that do second chance programs which means if you have an eviction they will still let you get an apartment but give you a higher deposit or ask you to pre pay for a few months. Had I known Louisville wasnt hip on it yet I wouldnt have moved back here. But now its too late..So I have to deal with alot of No's

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytoaz View Post
i don't see what research would accomplish. people are afraid to rent to people with evictions on thier record. don't really think it's just a louisville thing. find the right landlord and you'll be o.k.

Old 11-03-2011, 06:37 PM

1 posts, read 28,558 times
If you have good rental history prior to your eviction you can try Ian at Savannah Terrace apts in the southend. Nice neighborhood. He is not someone to play with!! If you are willing to pay an amount in advance and dont trash the place AND have strong rental history prior to eviction he may work with you.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:53 AM

145 posts, read 264,918 times
Actually A TON of apartments are privately owned, and many don't even do a credit check. Find for rent signs by walking up and down streets, call the #, check it out, apply with checkbook in hand. I've always had great luck that way. Most didnt even call my employer.

Old 01-02-2012, 06:58 AM

633 posts, read 1,949,522 times
Why were you evicted?

Old 01-02-2012, 07:14 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,304,433 times
Try to look at it from the perspective of the property owner. If they rent to someone with a history of not paying their rent or doing something that caused them to be legally removed from their previous home, they would be taking quite a risk. An eviction is not a quick process, nor is it cheap. To truly evict someone who won't pay their rent or is doing things that cannot be tolerated by the owner and/or other tenants takes several months and costs the property owner a lot of money, not to mention the time spent in court going through all of the legal procedures.

There are two sides to every coin, and the rental business is just that, a business.

Old 01-03-2012, 08:22 AM

1,448 posts, read 4,790,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michi527 View Post
Actually A TON of apartments are privately owned, and many don't even do a credit check. Find for rent signs by walking up and down streets, call the #, check it out, apply with checkbook in hand. I've always had great luck that way. Most didnt even call my employer.
Good advice. The larger complexes will check your history -- the smaller ones, not so much. I think it is hit or miss.

The real problem may be that it's a landlords world out there right now, with all the former home owners now having to rent.

Old 01-04-2012, 10:02 AM

4,861 posts, read 9,304,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Off Topic View Post
The real problem may be that it's a landlords world out there right now, with all the former home owners now having to rent.
Actually, it isn't. With this terrible economy, a lot of potential tenants can no longer afford to rent and have moved in with family members, gone to low income housing, or moved to a place where there are more jobs. Right now there is a surplus of apartments for rent in many parts of the U.S. and small landlords are being hit very hard, since the large complexes can afford to offer incentives to attract the tenants that are out there and the little guy can't afford to do that. In our area, I have seen some of the larger apartment complexes offer things like two months' free rent, a $99 security deposit, or even plane tickets. Someone who owns a small apartment building and has to deal with ever increasing costs while the average person's income drops and larger complexes are offering incentives like that are the ones who are reall hurting right now.

Old 10-14-2012, 08:25 AM

1 posts, read 26,052 times
Here is some advise for you renters. Pay your rent on time every month-simple-especially if a landlord has given you a second chance due to your prior history. It is not easy to be a homeowner and rent to a deadbeat tenant who has nothing but excuses as to why they can't pay the rent. I have to pay my bills and without my rental payment it can be tough. I gave someone a second chance and unfortunately he definitely did not deserve it. Every month is like pulling teeth and his rent is always late, checks bounce and he refuses to return calls from the property mgr. All I can say is IF you are given a 2d chance-DON"T BLOW IT!!! The eviction process will cost him money that he obviously-too bad too sad! From a pissed of homeowner..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area