Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2007, 06:16 PM

48 posts, read 125,294 times

Advertisements

Hello all- I'm strongly considering moving to the Louisville area, and have a few questions . First, are there any good resources for job seekers in the area, besides Monster & CareerBuilder? I'm a 40 yr old mid level professional with purchasing experience, and am also wondering what the job market is like there? Looking for a salary in the low to mid40's range, and wonder what other resources I could use to help my job search.

Also, as an avid cycler and hiker, what is the on road cycling like there? Are there any back roads without a lot of traffic?

Here's another tougher question, just looking for input- What is the social climate in the area? Here in SE WI it's a contrast between the affluent burbs, and city of Mlwaukee, and the contrast is not good.

I have visited Louisville several times and enjoyed myself, but as we all know, it's alot different on a visit as oppsed to actually living somewhere new.
I feel Louisville area would be a good fit, as the weather is just what I need, plus the people seem freindlier, and Kentucky is a pretty state. I just want to get some local residents input on what it's REALLY like there.

THanks for all your help!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2007, 01:14 PM

7,054 posts, read 16,635,008 times
I think you will like Louisville. The vibe reminds me a of Milwaukee, but the crime is lower and the weather is much warmer. Louisville is fairly bike friendly, but is improving in that category. It was awared a bronze star for bikers, similar to Milwaukee:

League of American Bicyclists * Bicycle Friendly Community Campaign (http://www.bikeleague.org/programs/communities/ - broken link)

People in Louisville are among the freindliest I have ever seen in a city its size. Cost of living is cheap, and the city is developing smartly with thriving urban areas. If you have more specific questions, just ask, but if you search my posts, you will find a good deal of more specific info and recs.

Old 08-25-2007, 12:15 AM

48 posts, read 125,294 times
Default thanks for the response

Thanks stx 12499 for the reply. I think I would like it as well. now for the hard part- Trying to find a decent paying job.
Are there any other resources besides to usual Monster and Careerbulider? Maybe more local on line sources?

I've tried the usual, but not a lot of luck.

Old 08-27-2007, 07:20 PM

8 posts, read 34,368 times
The Courier Journal is the local newspaper in Louisville. You can also find them online. Good luck!

Old 09-05-2007, 04:59 PM

9 posts, read 24,899 times
Louisville is a great place to relocate to and it has a wonderful atmosphere. I know a lot about the different neighborhoods in Louisville and have a lot of relocation resources. If you would like to contact me my name is Alysson and my phone number is 502-238-2437, or you can email me at alyssonriffe@gmail.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
View detailed profiles of: