U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 12:11 PM

2,927 posts, read 8,179,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by N. Olikee View Post

I have to agree with most of what EE has written.......sorry, but true.
Sorry but not true. You negative people are so much fun.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2012, 06:17 AM

165 posts, read 293,419 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kytoaz View Post
i'm sorry to offend you (not really) but i just talk about the reality of living here. there are a lot of great things about this city that i often point out. there are also a lot of bad things. to say that people here aren't rude is just not accurate imo. I don't hate louisville and I don't feel i unfairly bash it or only talk about it's negatives. you, on the other hand, can only point out how great everything in ky is and how oldham co. schools are the best in america. extreme one-sided viewpoints are seldom correct.
Kytoaz, your problem is that you're taking a subjective, eye-of-the-beholder judgment about how "nice" or "rude" people are, based on arbitrary criteria, and acting like it's some kind of universal, empirical truth.

Frankly, ignoring smiles and waves while judging others' friendliness based on shopping carts and nose-blowing is bizarre and doesn't comport with how friendliness is understood by anyone else I know. You sound like you're wound about three turns too tight, and I'm glad for your sake that you're going to a place like AZ where you can chill out a bit.

Old 02-06-2012, 10:58 AM

970 posts, read 1,753,108 times
I'm going to have to disagree with EE on his last post. LKY is very negative. CIN.......who .....knows? Others.........good............others not.

Old 02-06-2012, 11:27 AM

970 posts, read 1,753,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InLondon View Post
Sorry but not true. You negative people are so much fun.
Worst place I have ever lived...........can't say anything good about it.

Old 02-09-2012, 10:47 AM

8 posts, read 17,642 times
I was born in Southern California and did not come to KY until I was in my 50's. What a change but it has been a nice change. No cement jungles, anymore. For the money you are willing to spend, you will have a mansion compared to what you would buy in San Diego. People are friendly. People much more willing to give of themselves and to charities. Churches on every corner, as well as banks. Give it a try.

Old 02-09-2012, 05:13 PM

1,207 posts, read 1,753,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orgetorix View Post
Kytoaz, your problem is that you're taking a subjective, eye-of-the-beholder judgment about how "nice" or "rude" people are, based on arbitrary criteria, and acting like it's some kind of universal, empirical truth.

Frankly, ignoring smiles and waves while judging others' friendliness based on shopping carts and nose-blowing is bizarre and doesn't comport with how friendliness is understood by anyone else I know. You sound like you're wound about three turns too tight, and I'm glad for your sake that you're going to a place like AZ where you can chill out a bit.

you missed my point entirely. if you don't recognize rude behavior, then you are probably displaying it. and last time i checked, opinions were based on personal experiences. I could go into further detail regarding the difference between friendly and rude, but what's the point. you are obviously part of the ignorant rude masses of kentucky. if your parents didn't teach you, how can I?

and btw, i say hello to everyone. i also use my signals, say please and thank you, am aware enough of my surroundings to maybe get my butt out of someone else's way and would never dream of blowing my nose at the dinner table.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:13 PM

4,726 posts, read 5,115,897 times
Rude behaviors are not a rude person make. ASIDE from someone off on the side picking there nose, people are pretty nice. As long as you're not from indiana(J/K). Driving can be a hastle. Most drive too damn slow and everybody else thinks there's a trophy waiting for first place or something. Even in the "undesirable" area's people are nice. Then again some people mostly young people could care less. I've noticed a lot of impatient people. The clubs and bars can be stale. Restraunts are decent. Most people will say there isn't **** to do here but all you need to do is one spread out your adventures and always look for the next thing. When you do the same **** every weekend than it can get old. Many places of interest are vast though. Like Btown rd. There are still stores and places I haven't been in for a while or at all. A few places to check out on Frankfort ave, whom want to be like btown I guess but everything seems to shutdown around 6. You got st. matthews and the hurstbourne rd area. There is more and always have been more than just 4th street Live. There's lots of non-food chain places to eat, even downtown. Honestly I feel like btown is most accepting than anywhere else where there are standards.

Old 02-20-2012, 12:03 AM

26 posts, read 32,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclecticEars View Post
New Albany-Floyd County, (probably) one of the best systems in Indiana.
Do not move to New Albany, Jeffersonville or Clarksville unless you like living with 100% pure rednecks. I have two sisters that live in New Albany and all I can say is you'll fit in nicely if you are the kind of person who has deer heads on the walls of your house and like to hunt ans watch Hee Haa every Saturday night.

Now that we've got Southern Indiana out of the way, let's move on to Louisville. I was born and raised there. Lived there until I was almost 30 so I know what I'm talking about when it comes to Louisville and southern Indiana.

The south end of Louisville...Redneck central, pure and simple. No nice way to say it. The area around Iroquois Park is especially bad. Stay away from the south end. You would want the east end if you want to raise your kids around people with an education and thought processes. If you're going north on 65, you would want to take 64 east.

Get off on Hourstbourne Lane or even St. Matthews. Good areas and in the east end. I was raised by Iroquois Park in the south end and it was good when I was a kid, but now it's a place that is unreal.

I'm not a troll, I was born and raised there. Trust me...east end and avoid New Albany and Jeffersonville.

Old 02-20-2012, 12:06 AM

26 posts, read 32,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by N. Olikee View Post
Worst place I have ever lived...........can't say anything good about it.
Your location says that you are in Austin, Texas. How do you like it there? I am in Plano, Texas, just north of Dallas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area